Page 51 of 504 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: The CZickness XXXVI....Anticipation

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Sweet!!

User Info Menu

I got nuggets, Noddles,and Kool-Aid. Toddlers feast.

The beer is in the mini fridge in my workshop. It's cold as an eskimos arse. #priorities.
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
    Obviously, I'm not a scientist, but I devoured about every article that I could find on the subject.
    Mostly, you just have to trust your source.
    Yup, the ooze in your P320's could be millions of years old !
    Me either, and I like you figured it's how much trust in the source, but then what is their source? If it is anywhere in China for example. TT could probably provide us with some mammoth that was used in an actual Flintstones episode with a COA

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Ass porcupines sounds like they suck
    Yep, either going in or coming out those are going to suck even more than the pandas.

True dat !
    I try not to judge, but I've noticed that the thread-starter seems to only participate on INGO in order to gush about guns in his marvelous​ collection. A
    Yep, his stuff is no where in my league, but like you, have noticed the content and how it is published. Seems like a nice enough guy though and at least he doesn't deliver it like some others with initials TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    I want lunch. I'm wondering if I can make something quickly between clients.
    Choked down some microwaved mac & cheese in between calls myself. My schedule has not been my own lately. That's not unusual for some days, but seems like that all day ever day recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

If I found a frozen mammoth I'd make some mammoth steaks and burgers. And a fur hat
    "I anticipate with pleasing expectation that retreat in which I promise myself to realize, without alloy, the sweet enjoyment of partaking, in the midst of my fellow-citizens, the benign influence of good laws under a free government, the ever-favorite object of my heart, and the happy reward, as I trust, of our mutual cares, labors, and dangers."

User Info Menu

[Yep, his stuff is no where in my league, but like you, have noticed the content and how it is published. Seems like a nice enough guy though and at least he doesn't deliver it like some others with initials TJ]

True enough !

My understanding is that the vast majority of mammoth parts come from the permafrost in Siberia. Evidently, it's dangerous, and clandestine work.

User Info Menu

I had not seen it ....thanks for the heads up ! Honesty though, I don't understand how he knows that the mammoth tooth is 90,000 years old, without carbon dating (and perhaps that's been done). Most existing mammoth is thought to be between 8,000 to 15,000 years old.
    I had wondered about the 90,000 year thing myself

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

True enough !

My understanding is that the vast majority of mammoth parts come from the permafrost in Siberia. Evidently, it's dangerous, and clandestine work.
    I'm guessing there are a lot of folks stealing it or harvesting it (depending on your point of view and who owns the land, etc) that don't have clear property rights to it, while others who do own the land want to do it in less than conspicuous ways to keep the thieves away. I'm guessing the lines are a bit blurred with who is who in Russia.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    I'm guessing there are a lot of folks stealing it or harvesting it (depending on your point of view and who owns the land, etc) that don't have clear property rights to it, while others who do own the land want to do it in less than conspicuous ways to keep the thieves away. I'm guessing the lines are a bit blurred with who is who in Russia.
    Also, who is to say that it IS mammoth? It could just be black rhino ivory. Can one tell just by looking at it?

Master

User Info Menu

Primers in the classies if anyone is looking.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Benp View Post
    Also, who is to say that it IS mammoth? It could just be black rhino ivory. Can one tell just by looking at it?
    Exactly, that's why I was wondering about a COA and if they existed for these things. Unless you DNA test it and find out you got the grips made from beaver teeth, how would you know.

And these days, I wouldn't trade a case of 9mm for the whole mammoth...

Page 51 of 504 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast