• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Howdy everyone,

I worked at a gun shop over the summer and was surprised when customers told me they have three, four, or even five carry guns.

I have two. One is my full size M&P 9mm. I carried it in an owb holster with my shirt covering it. This is my carry method in the summer and winter. My other carry gun is my five shot J frame with an IWB holster.

Uncle Kirk said we should always have a back up carry gun that is set up just like our primary: that will happen once this craziness dies down.

How many carry guns do you have? Are they different calibers? I would like to see your reasons, bet I learn a lot from this thread.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just 1. 1911 DW A-2 that has a lot of love applied in all the right places.
    Maybe 2 spare mags depending on where we are going but always 2 knives.
    Pro-Tech auto in pocket on the clip and a ZT-301 in a scabbard that was custom made for it.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    17. Because extra mags are for sissies :laugh: . It depends, one or two. Redhawk 8-shot on the hip, 5-shot j frame in the pocket.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Two S&W Shield 45 for warm weather and extra 7rd mags.CZ P10F in cooler weather with extra mags.

Thinking about getting a cross draw Holster for the Shield 45 to add to my cooler weather kit as a backup.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I guess I am not sure what is being asked. How many do I carry? How many do I own that are capable of being carried? How many have been carried at some point?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    How many are in your carry rotation?

3 plus a good knife. A IWB XDs 45 4" w/8rd mag with a extra 7rnd mag, A twin of the XDs 45 4" w/8rnd mag and another extra 7rnd mag, and a IWB Smith model 60-14 and sometimes ankle holster for doulbe carry for those extra special occasions.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Running and minimalist carry - S&W 442

Standard IWB CCW - S&W PC Shield 1.0 9mm

Overt OWB or backpack carry - Beretta M9A1, HK USP45, or Canik TP9SF

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Kahr PM9 ankle carry for motorcycle and dress clothes (w/2 extra mags on the other ankle) and also works as a back up gun should I feel the need.

Shield 9mm w/full Apex trigger kit and night sights and stream light/laser combo w/2 extra mags in left pocket for normal EDC at 4 o’clock IWB.

CZ P01 (9mm) w/Cajun kit/RMR/night sights. This might be my new EDC once I find a OWB holster I like. 16+1 and an extra 14rd magazine should be enough for most situations I think?

just thinking more firepower might be warranted these days...

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I only carry 1, with a spare mag. Full sized M&P 9mm. My get home bag has an exact copy of it. I have two more copies of it at other places, but without night sights and CT grips.

Have plenty of other possibilities for carry guns, but want to stay with what I have practiced and trained with.

Top Bottom