• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Well, I did it. After much hassle, I have a shorter barrel on my FX-9. Since the barrels are a proprietary thing, I ended up trading with a man on another forum. He wanted a longer barrel, I wanted shorter....worked well for both of us.

Here are the barrel differences. I shoulda asked BEFORE I spent money, sigh...
    barrel-diffs.jpg

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    The way it was
    aswas.jpg

The way it is
    suppressed.jpg

I am on the hunt for a 7" to 10" free float hand guard that will fit over the suppressor. Inside diameter must be 1.63" or more to fit. All the ones I am willing to pay for are out of stock, and I ain't gonna spend $200 bucks for one.

I bought a barrel nut wrench from Freedom Ordnance and things worked out well.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Back from the dead, what kind of suppressor are you running? I'm just starting to dip my toes into them and am trying to find a good one for the FX9.
    Ummmmmm....What ever nice 9mm can my favorite dealer was pushing that day. I don't recall. I will go look at it tomorrow, if I remember.

It is a Liberty Centurion suppressor.

Last edited:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Ummmmmm....What ever nice 9mm can my favorite dealer was pushing that day. I don't recall. I will go look at it tomorrow, if I remember.

It is a Liberty Centurion suppressor.
    Thanks actually found your thread on sigtalk and found the answer ha. I just pulled the trigger on a rugged obsidian 9 after lots of back and forth. Mine is the 8” barrel so I may have it cut down a bit or change it with the 4” since it will be pretty big with an 8” can on it. I’m 15 minutes from the factory so it would be easy for them to do. We’ll see how long everything takes with the new e forms in place.

Top Bottom