Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 vs m11-a1

Plinker

User Info Menu

Glock 19 vs m11-a1

Okay everyone Iím thinking about getting one of these pistols. Iíve shot both and like them both, but canít decide on which one to get. Like to hear peopleís feed back on the two.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Sure, buy the Sig Sauer M17 or M18

User Info Menu

I think you will find a significant difference in the grip angle. One will point more naturally than the other but only you can make that decision. (Close your eyes and push each one out to arms length and see which one the sights naturally align on.)

NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

ďEgo is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in publicĒ Ö.Coach
    PATIENCE: What you have when there are too many witnesses

User Info Menu

grip angle, striker vs. hammer fired, plastic vs. metal...
    Me personally there is just no comparison.

User Info Menu

I absolutely love my Glock 19. Sadly, when I first shot the HK V9, I found i was way more accurate with it than my Glock.

User Info Menu

They are both good.

You'll likely be able to shoot the Sig easier, but the Glock will be easier to carry.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    They are both good.

You'll likely be able to shoot the Sig easier, but the Glock will be easier to carry.
    Having owned and shot both extensively, I find the Glock both easier to carry and easier to shoot. The classic P-series SIGs are a fair bit "flippier" in the recoil department for whatever reason (ex. higher bore axis or whatever). To my subjective feel anyway.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

D K
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    They are both good.

+1. Would suppose it may help to know if it'll be an EDC or for vehicle/home defense, but if you're shooting one better than another, that's the one.

Otherwise, out of the two, if you're going to carry it, the 19's going to be an easier carry, with fewer snag points, lighter weight, and if you want a touchable safety device, at least has the trigger safety.

I do like the m11-a1, but sure wish it had a rail. It's going to give you that DA option of potentially re-firing on a misfire, the de-cocker is a preference for some as a "safety", but otherwise no manual/grip/trigger safety.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    Having owned and shot both extensively, I find the Glock both easier to carry and easier to shoot. The classic P-series SIGs are a fair bit "flippier" in the recoil department for whatever reason (ex. higher bore axis or whatever). To my subjective feel anyway.
    Yeah I can shoot a Glock faster but a Sig a little more accurately.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Me personally there is just no comparison.
    Got that right. Glock by a mile.

Smaller.
    Lighter.
    Easier to carry.
    Consistent trigger.
    No need to decock.
    No need to run wet.
    Huge aftermarket support.
    Less expensive.
    Low bore axis = less muzzle flip.
    Mags are everywhere and also less expensive.
    Good aftermarket mags available for dirt cheap.
    Mags work in several pistol caliber carbines and AR style pistols.

No contest.
    Internet...Serious Business!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast