• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    Okay everyone I’m thinking about getting one of these pistols. I’ve shot both and like them both, but can’t decide on which one to get. Like to hear people’s feed back on the two.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I think you will find a significant difference in the grip angle. One will point more naturally than the other but only you can make that decision. (Close your eyes and push each one out to arms length and see which one the sights naturally align on.)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    grip angle, striker vs. hammer fired, plastic vs. metal...
    Me personally there is just no comparison.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I absolutely love my Glock 19. Sadly, when I first shot the HK V9, I found i was way more accurate with it than my Glock.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    They are both good.

You'll likely be able to shoot the Sig easier, but the Glock will be easier to carry.

Having owned and shot both extensively, I find the Glock both easier to carry and easier to shoot. The classic P-series SIGs are a fair bit "flippier" in the recoil department for whatever reason (ex. higher bore axis or whatever). To my subjective feel anyway.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    They are both good.

You'll likely be able to shoot the Sig easier, but the Glock will be easier to carry.

+1. Would suppose it may help to know if it'll be an EDC or for vehicle/home defense, but if you're shooting one better than another, that's the one.

Otherwise, out of the two, if you're going to carry it, the 19's going to be an easier carry, with fewer snag points, lighter weight, and if you want a touchable safety device, at least has the trigger safety.

I do like the m11-a1, but sure wish it had a rail. It's going to give you that DA option of potentially re-firing on a misfire, the de-cocker is a preference for some as a "safety", but otherwise no manual/grip/trigger safety.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Having owned and shot both extensively, I find the Glock both easier to carry and easier to shoot. The classic P-series SIGs are a fair bit "flippier" in the recoil department for whatever reason (ex. higher bore axis or whatever). To my subjective feel anyway.
    Yeah I can shoot a Glock faster but a Sig a little more accurately.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Me personally there is just no comparison.

Got that right. Glock by a mile.

Smaller.
    Lighter.
    Easier to carry.
    Consistent trigger.
    No need to decock.
    No need to run wet.
    Huge aftermarket support.
    Less expensive.
    Low bore axis = less muzzle flip.
    Mags are everywhere and also less expensive.
    Good aftermarket mags available for dirt cheap.
    Mags work in several pistol caliber carbines and AR style pistols.

No contest.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I was actually issued a Sig 228 And with prior issue experience with Beretta and Sig 220 I like the Sig better. I have a couple Glocks now and use a 19 quite frequently just because the cost and the fact we were starting to use them before I retired. But for me anyway Glocks are an "acquired taste".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    IMHO, everyone should learn to shoot and carry the pistol that is the most prevalent out there.

You can change later if you feel you must, but have the experience to relatively effectively run the gun the the majority of law enforcement, thugs and citizens carry.

It might be the only gun available at the moment needed.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Been through so many Glocks, and each time, "This is it, I'll get over that grip angle." Some love them, I guess you know where I fall.

Top Bottom