• ...and so much more!
  • traderjoe

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 3, 2020
    South Bend area
    Sight movement shouldn't be a common thing on any firearm. Depending on how new the firearm is you might want to take it back to your dealer and have them look at it.
    The front sight may be a bit undersize

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Do you know for certain it has moved, or did you simply notice it is of center.

The front sight should be in there extremely tight and should be difficult to move on purpose, and impossible to move on accident. If it has shifted from where you KNEW it was you should probably replace it.

If you looked at it noticed it's off center, I wouldn't worry about that as long as it shoots to point of aim. Sights often ship adjusted slightly off center, as long as the hit correctly from that position, no problem.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My factory sight never moved and neither has my Dawson FO replacement. That goes for both my previous 1.0 version and my current 2.0 version.

I had to file my replacement sights in all cases just to get it installed.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    I have felt like my sights are a tad off on my shield 2.0. It consistently shoots to the left about an inch or so at 5 yards.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    My wife's LC9 had a front sight that seemed like they installed it with Astroglide instead of Loctite. I sent it back to Ruger and they returned it in 4 days. They just tapped all the way through the top of the front sight and drove in a roll pin... Hilarious solution in my mind but it hasn't moved since and whoever lined it up prior to the tap got it precisely centered.

Have you contacted S&W?

sonny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2020
    Danville
    this happened to me on my XDS as the fiber optic fell out, but it has a replaceable insert so I was able to put another one of them in.

FKIM01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2013
    United States
    I sent two Shields back to the factory to have the front sight centered. Both were visually off to the naked eye. S&W didn't argue one bit, which tells me it was a known manufacturing issue.

Top Bottom