• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I still have fun with my .22 Revolvers. My six inch old model 17 is a hoot to shoot but I love this one too. Of course I can shoot shorts, long and long rifle and birdshot in it and it works every time. The timing, cylinder mass and overall balance of these all steel .22's really shine in the six shot (what a six gun should be IMHO) configuration. What .22 Revolver are you runnin?

IMG_0023 (002).jpg

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have small hands so a S&W 63 with a 4 in barrel is a good fit. Also have a pre 34 I frame with 4 inch barrel that is same basic gun except blued steel. Love revolvers.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    A few years ago, I came across an older H&R Deluxe Sportsman top break .22 revolver. It was in decent shape, but needed a rear sight. Took care of that and have enjoyed shooting it ever since. Something about a 9 shot top break gun that is just cool. And talk about easy to clean!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Model 617 in 4" configuration. I love it. Very accurate when I do my part. Hmm, this thread gave me the thought that on my next range trip I'm going to take it and shoot it a little. See how fast I can clean the plate rack. Should be fun! Thanks TJ!

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    What .22 Revolver are you runnin?

Been shooting a stainless Ruger Single Six 5.5" for nearly 20 years. About a dozen years ago added a Taurus 96 which looks a lot like a Smith 17 and it is quite accurate with CCI Std. Vel. Earlier this year another rimfire revolver a 1996 Smith 617-4 4".

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    A few years ago, I came across an older H&R Deluxe Sportsman top break .22 revolver. It was in decent shape, but needed a rear sight. Took care of that and have enjoyed shooting it ever since. Something about a 9 shot top break gun that is just cool. And talk about easy to clean!

Same here. Whatever else I take to the range, I always include my H&R for some fun.

KARP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I've had a NEF 9 shot revolver for over 30 years, ugliest gun I own, but it has a heavy barrel and you can shoot it all day. I also bought a Ruger wrangler a couple of months ago. Great gun.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I love my revolvers and have had many mentioned here that IÂ’ve enjoyed.
    At Retirement I was trimming and up sold all of them except 1: the Dan Wesson 54 oz, 8” barrel that I’m so proud of that I picked up from Aeroflyer09.
    I had a red front sight put on it since the green one didnÂ’t agree with my eyes.

Since “the trimming”. I have more than doubled the number of guns, because I changed my attitude about such.
    Since then, in the revolver department:
    – Dan Wesson, my ultimate revolver (2nd most expensive)
    – S/W 17–4, my best older classic revolver (most expensive)
    – Ruger Single-Six Hunter, 7 inch barrel stainless steel
    – Taurus tracker 970, stainless steel, 6” barrel

I have tried many snub nose or short-barreled .22 revolvers but they never delivered on the accuracy compared to my others so I donÂ’t keep them.
    The best single-six revolver I ever had, before the Ruger single six Hunter, was the Uberti Stallion.I wanted the 12 round cattleman with adjustable sights, but they have never come up used it since I have the Ruger single six hunter that I love so much, I wonÂ’t go that route.

Just when I think I have enough revolverÂ’s, some thing else comes along that I canÂ’t live without, Ha!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    1949 S&W K-22 Masterpiece.

sgkeIQP.jpg

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Great shooting 22 revolvers old Ruger Single Six and newer SW 18 see lots of range time. Now that I have a Mod 18 and a Mod 19 and a Mod 29, do I have to continue collecting the SW numbers?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What .22 Revolver are you runnin?

None. :(

A little 3 incher heritage shopkeeper with the bird's head grip is my fave. I'm not as accurate with it as with some of the target pistols, but she's a point and shoot kind of girl.

Oh, that sounds nice. I might have to keep my eyes open for one, or for a Bearcat in the same form.

Top Bottom