Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 Revolvers

User Info Menu

.22 Revolvers

I still have fun with my .22 Revolvers. My six inch old model 17 is a hoot to shoot but I love this one too. Of course I can shoot shorts, long and long rifle and birdshot in it and it works every time. The timing, cylinder mass and overall balance of these all steel .22's really shine in the six shot (what a six gun should be IMHO) configuration. What .22 Revolver are you runnin?

IMG_0023 (002).jpg
    No Compromise

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have small hands so a S&W 63 with a 4 in barrel is a good fit. Also have a pre 34 I frame with 4 inch barrel that is same basic gun except blued steel. Love revolvers.

Expert

User Info Menu

A few years ago, I came across an older H&R Deluxe Sportsman top break .22 revolver. It was in decent shape, but needed a rear sight. Took care of that and have enjoyed shooting it ever since. Something about a 9 shot top break gun that is just cool. And talk about easy to clean!

User Info Menu

Model 617 in 4" configuration. I love it. Very accurate when I do my part. Hmm, this thread gave me the thought that on my next range trip I'm going to take it and shoot it a little. See how fast I can clean the plate rack. Should be fun! Thanks TJ!
    Anything is possible

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

A little 3 incher heritage shopkeeper with the bird's head grip is my fave. I'm not as accurate with it as with some of the target pistols, but she's a point and shoot kind of girl.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

I have two that I shoot a lot. One is a Colt Frontier Scout and the other is a S&W Model 18. Both are a lot of fun!

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

S&W 17-2 and a Ruger single six I paid $125.00 for new in 1974.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What .22 Revolver are you runnin?
    Been shooting a stainless Ruger Single Six 5.5" for nearly 20 years. About a dozen years ago added a Taurus 96 which looks a lot like a Smith 17 and it is quite accurate with CCI Std. Vel. Earlier this year another rimfire revolver a 1996 Smith 617-4 4".

User Info Menu

My Ruger Wrangler is the only 22 revolver I own, but I like it a lot.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    A few years ago, I came across an older H&R Deluxe Sportsman top break .22 revolver. It was in decent shape, but needed a rear sight. Took care of that and have enjoyed shooting it ever since. Something about a 9 shot top break gun that is just cool. And talk about easy to clean!
    Same here. Whatever else I take to the range, I always include my H&R for some fun.
    Dems (Politicians/MSM/Tech/etc): Replace Free Speech With Curated Information

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast