• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've never been a big fan of metal frame pistols, since they are mostly DA/SA or 1911 style. I much prefer a simple, streamlined striker fired pistol over a gun cluttered up with levers, hammers and switches.

But a metal frame P320?

I think I might need this... :)

[video=youtube;qCHxjzLSfRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCHxjzLSfRE[/video]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Aren’t the Sig 320s that Sig custom built for the Honor Guard of the Tomb of the Unknown aluminum framed? Kinda cool that they will make them for commercial sale too

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Eh, just a more expensive 320. I like my x5, but don’t feel like this would be a massive improvement.

This first-release aluminum Scorpion will be expensive, but I heard that the standard models will be about $799 retail when they come out. I will need to handle one first, but I'll likely pick one up at that price point. Not much more $$ than the poly frame guns, and likely better balanced due to the more even weight distribution between the slide and frame. I'm betting that it shoots a lot smoother than a poly frame P320. I'm eager to handle one.

Least expensive one on Gunbroker right now is $1599, typical "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW!" pricing. :):

But it is the Scorpion version, so a premium model. The Scorpion P22x series has similar pricing.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This first-release aluminum Scorpion will be expensive, but I heard that the standard models will be about $799 retail when they come out. I will need to handle one first, but I'll likely pick one up at that price point. Not much more $$ than the poly frame guns, and likely better balanced due to the more even weight distribution between the slide and frame. I'm betting that it shoots a lot smoother than a poly frame P320. I'm eager to handle one.

If that price point is accurate i'd probably pick one up too. I love my 320 with grey ghost slide and WC module but even after adding the grip weight still feels a bit too light to me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

:):

Yeah, it has more to do with the operating systems than the actual metal frame. I've owned a few. Sig P229, Beretta Cougar, S&W 4006, etc. They feel great and are smooth shooting. But crappy DA/SA triggers, switches, levers, safeties, etc? Not so much.

Metal frame striker fired might be Nirvana for me. :)

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    There really isn't that many striker fired pistols with metal frames...

That's where this is going to field some interest. I think it's awesome, I'd love to see one of these with a Norsso slide or some other aftermarket slide on top.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    :):

Yeah, it has more to do with the operating systems than the actual metal frame. I've owned a few. Sig P229, Beretta Cougar, S&W 4006, etc. They feel great and are smooth shooting. But crappy DA/SA triggers, switches, levers, safeties, etc? Not so much.

Metal frame striker fired might be Nirvana for me. :)

I've never owned a striker fired pistol, but I have to admit - this is really tempting.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    There really isn't that many striker fired pistols with metal frames...

That's where this is going to field some interest. I think it's awesome, I'd love to see one of these with a Norsso slide or some other aftermarket slide on top.
    I would rather have a Walther Q5 match.

Ethanalpha

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2018
    Jeffersonville
    I feel like the polymer would absorb the recoil better than the alloy frame. I have 3 p320’s and a few 2011 race guns. The steel frame grip on my race gun makes the gun not as enjoyable to shoot. I would say for recreational use, the idea of a allow framed p320 is cool, but if you are someone that will be shooting 20k rounds a year, it will beat your arm up a little more, and also the recoil assembly.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    A steel frame Sig 320 would be interesting enough for me to buy one. I just can’t wrap my hands around “plastic” handguns.

Top Bottom