• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    I was considering the Taurus TX22 based on the recent thread. Didn't find any locally when I went out looking today.

What I did find was a Walther P22Q for $299. Any opinions on this gun or comparisons to the Taurus?

I currently own a Steyer M9 and Makarov. No experience with rimfire, but it seem like a good cheap to shoot option.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The wife has a P22, she likes it but she doesn't shoot that much or have experience with very many. It is a small pistol and really finicky sometimes.
    What will the pistol be used for primarily?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have no experience with the Taurus, but if it was around back when we picked up the P22, I would have went with the TX. The P22 isn't a piece of junk, but it's not that good either. I wouldn't spend $300 on one.

Last edited:

Thegent219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2020
    Hobart
    I had a few parts left over from my mp shield 9mm went right on , smith always was a a good gun and I liked that it wasn’t to big in my hand , nice thin frame . Tx22 was almost a full size hand gun

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The M&P 22 compact is a nice gun. I've had one. I bought a Taurus TX22 specifically because it is almost identical in size to the M&P full size 9mm which is my wife's gun. She gets a lot of practice with the .22 instead of the 9mm. Not quite the same but she will shoot more with the .22. The TX22 is a very nice gun with the exception of the barrel, which Taurus can't get right a very high % of the time.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have a M&P Compact 22. I've shot several hundred rounds through it with zero issues. I have a threaded barrel and a GM 22 can on it. Accuracy with the can is good enough to plink. I'm not a good enough shot for any serious competition or hunting.
    Trigger is a little sloppy, but for all around value I can't say too much bad about it.

I like the ruger sr22 also for about the same price point.

linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    Thanks for all the feedback, I'm starting to back away from the Walther. Any thoughts on the KelTec P17? I think I saw one of those today, but it wasn't on my radar at the time.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have the M&P compact 22 and the TX22. I have had the M&P for longer, but prefer the TX. It just points more naturally, is a true striker fired gun (the M&P has an internal hammer) and unlike the M&P it disassembles like just about any other fairly modern 9mm (the M&P has a fixed barrel).

Capacity is also a plus on the TX. The gun just makes for a better trainer IMO and mimics most compact 9mm EDC guns better.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Thanks for all the feedback, I'm starting to back away from the Walther. Any thoughts on the KelTec P17? I think I saw one of those today, but it wasn't on my radar at the time.

[video=youtube;v8SloL5AGaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8SloL5AGaE[/video]

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If you’re not too picky I’d suggest a s&w victory 22. My girlfriend’s dad just got one and he loves it.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If you’re not too picky I’d suggest a s&w victory 22. My girlfriend’s dad just got one and he loves it.

The S&W Victory, Ruger Mark series and Browning Buckmarks are all great guns, but are from a different mold then the TX22, M&P .22 compact, and Walther that the OP asked about. If he doesn't want a semi-auto .22 that is similar to a larger caliber semi-auto then his search can be broadened. There are also 1911 style .22 semi-autos with the Sig or Colt name that are interesting:

[video=youtube;6Lwsj7D0qmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lwsj7D0qmg[/video]

linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    I found a Taurus TX22 in stock today, but at $350 seemed just a bit overpriced. I don't recall the price on the P17 I saw or exactly where I saw it, but plan to go back out tomorrow to retrace my steps and probably pick it up if the price it right and it's still in stock.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I found a Taurus TX22 in stock today, but at $350 seemed just a bit overpriced. I don't recall the price on the P17 I saw or exactly where I saw it, but plan to go back out tomorrow to retrace my steps and probably pick it up if the price it right and it's still in stock.

Got mine for $269 + tax locally.

Top Bottom