• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Have a guy who wants to trade a Sig P229R CPO Legacy Edition Bi-Tone 9mm. I do not know much about P226s and P229s Looks like the S/N starts with AJU. Any idea on Value?

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I would say that they are near equal in value. Sig's depending on the model tend to be little more expensive. Keep in mid that the 229R is DA/SA and the Glock is striker fired. DA/SA tend to cost more to manufacture. As long as they are both in good condition and you like DA/SA I would say the trade would be decent.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Glocks during regular times are about $500 new. I think the last CPO (red box), I bought was around $600.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Glocks during regular times are about $500 new. I think the last CPO (red box), I bought was around $600.

Have to agree.
    Was a Sig fan for many years and have carried P226,P228,P229 at one time or another.
    At some point finally jumped on the Glock wagon, currently own 6 Glocks and only 1 Sig a P238 (.380acp) and 2 HK's FWIW.

I feel like right now Glocks are selling better, off of name recognition,reputation and younger shooters/gun owners.
    And Hollywood has done their part on promoting Glocks in a lot of TV shows and movies.
    If you are thinking of getting rid of your Glock, why not just put it up for sale?

I would probably just sell the Glock, keep the money, and wait until after the election and see what comes onto the market.
    I personally have 1 Glock maybe 2 I am going to turn loose of on Gunbroker.
    That is the best way IMO to get the most out of your firearms right now.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Have to agree.
    Was a Sig fan for many years and have carried P226,P228,P229 at one time or another.
    At some point finally jumped on the Glock wagon, currently own 6 Glocks and only 1 Sig a P238 (.380acp) and 2 HK's FWIW.

I feel like right now Glocks are selling better, off of name recognition,reputation and younger shooters/gun owners.
    And Hollywood has done their part on promoting Glocks in a lot of TV shows and movies.
    If you are thinking of getting rid of your Glock, why not just put it up for sale?

I would probably just sell the Glock, keep the money, and wait until after the election and see what comes onto the market.
    I personally have 1 Glock maybe 2 I am going to turn loose of on Gunbroker.
    That is the best way IMO to get the most out of your firearms right now.

I'd have to agree. I have recently traded a Glock but it was for something I definitely wanted, in a direction I was moving toward (still have a couple of Glocks. That said, Glocks are like silver and gold bars, they are a form of currency/commodity and you can always turn them directly into cash if needed, as there are plenty of people up and down the spectrum of gun ownership that want/will take them. Other makes and models even though they have definite value, aren't always quite as easy to turn directly into cash. This is independent of the value that the other make/model may bring in a trade or sale to the right person.

So my advice would be unless the trade is something you know you definitively want in a direction you are already moving toward, why trade the Glock?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom