• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    I just ordered an FK BRNO PSD with the 9mm conversion. Their sales rep told me that the 10mm and .40 cal conversion kits will be available al a carte starting around next spring. Does anyone else on INGO have one of these? If so, any thoughts on it?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't remember any member saying they have on but please give us a report on it. They are pricey, that's for sure. But the performance of that 30 cal round is impressive.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Never heard of these. Looks interesting. Please post pics and your experience with it once you get some rounds through it.

They are interesting.

[video=youtube_share;jKlR8wUkj3I]http://youtu.be/jKlR8wUkj3I[/video]

[video=youtube_share;XayXxRLBypY]http://youtu.be/XayXxRLBypY[/video]

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    They have a long backlog of orders. Mine is due to ship in about a month. And to be 100% clear, I got the cheap polymer PSD, not the $8000 Field Gun. I got the 9mm conversion so I could shoot USPSA production class and Steel Challenge then switch to the 7.5 or 10mm for 3 Gun Heavy Metal.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    "Cheap" is a relative turn. It looks very intriguing. I had seen the Field Gun before in an advertisement, but not the PSD. I am sure it's a sweet shooter...

For the money it better be Lol...

I love odd, quirky guns with a gimmick and this one has exactly the right gimmick and it's not a Kel Tec somehow.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    Ok, it's here and OMG is it an impressive weapon. I've never seen anything machined this perfectly before. The action moves like it's an artillery piece. The fit of the parts is incredibly tight to the point where disassembly and reassembly almost feel like they're not supposed to happen, but everything moves like it's made of warm butter. The trigger break is crisp, no creep at all and a nice short reset.

The 7.5 FK cartridges feel like fat little baby 7.62x39s. They're longer than I expected and the mags fit NONE of my mag pouches. The 9mm mags do fit though because of the way they're designed. And by "designed" it looks like they took a MecGar CZ mag and added a polymer backstrap spacer that runs 3/4 of the way up the back of the mag.

The barrel swap is very easy with the notable exception of the unbelievably tight tolerances this thing is machined to. The barrel crown sticks out the slide bushing about 1/4 inch and that entire length is very slightly beveled so that when tilted exactly right, it will slip the bearing and drop free. You literally have to press the barrel out after you tilt it, but because it's so well done and so precise, you can do it with only your thumb. After that it's a spring swap and a mag swap and you can move between 7.5 FK and 9mm in under 60 seconds.

Which brings me to the 800lb pound gorilla. This thing feels like holding an 800lb gorilla. The 9mm spring barely registers when you work the slide so I'm guessing that there's not going to be any real recoil. The 9mm barrel is made from the same stock as the 7.5 barrel and it's recommended for use with 9mm +P+ ammo so I'm thinking it should be more than robust enough for 9mm Major but I'm waiting for FK BRNO to reply to my email with a confirmation before I try that in reality.

It comes pre-cut and tapped for pretty much any red dot and there are 2 sets of sights in the box. The factory set is a very fine front blade with a tiny red dot and a rear with 2 tiny white dots. I can see this one being great from a bag or prone with this thing at long range. The other set, that installed pretty much immediately, is a much larger front sight that's a bright red diamond and a rear ghost ring. I'm planning on running this thing for USPSA, Steel Challenge, and 3 Gun as a Production gun so this sight set up should be ideal for close range fast transitions.

It'll be another week of wrapping up year-end junk at work before I can get to the range but I'll update again when I have a few mags through the PSD.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Is there any talk of a threaded barrel option? Would be interesting to hang my Nomad-L off of the end of that thing.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    Not that I've heard. Sadly there's not enough barrel sticking out where you could thread a stock barrel so it'd have to come feom the factory. The thing that already exists that we can't have yet is the stock. The magwell is cut for a snap on stock that basically converts this thing to a pdw. Especially if it's topped with an optic. Apparently ATF is still figuring out if they're going to allow it to be imported or not.

Suffice it to say, if they ever do offer a threaded barrel, I'll be happy to test it for them

Top Bottom