• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I don't have a Q5, and I've never even seen one in person. I can't offer anything on the exact pistol you asked about.

I do have the Q4, which is also an optics-ready polymer PPQ, just with a slightly shorter barrel (4.6" threaded instead of 5"). I have a Trijicon RMR Type 2 RM07 on it. We met at Menards for a classifieds deal once, didn't we? If you'd like to make the drive, you're welcome to come out and shoot steel targets with it if that would help you.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I just happened to shoot a Q5 SF today. Very nice and comparable to my Sig 320 X 5 Legion but maybe a little better

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The 5” PPQ and Q5 are excellent guns. Absolute direct competition to the Glock 34.

For the Walther guys. Midway USA had 17 round Walther M2 magazines on sale for $24 each.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I personally like the SF guns as they fit my hand better , but IMHO Walther makes some of the best striker fired guns on the market right now

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Yep. I bought a Q5 match about two years ago. With a Vortex Venom 6moa, I'm really pleased.

Great trigger, great feel ... so accurate, it feels like I'm somehow cheating! I was never really a striker fired guy; but, the Q5 won me over to the PPQ family.

I let my GF shoot it at a basic pistol class. She made some pretty nice 10 shot groups.

20190413MCFG14-KathyOnTheLine.jpg 20190413MCFG22-TargetII.jpg

About a year later, I bought a S&W M&P PRO9 CORE for Kathy with a 3 moa Vortex Venom and an Apex Trigger. I like it as well; but, I still shoot the Walther Q5 better.

The only thing I'd do differently is go with the 3moa dot on my Q5. I shot my first IDPA with it in June. It performed very well.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had a Q5 Match when I thought I was going to get into pistol competitions. I didn't shoot it in any and therefore I didn't have a lot of rounds through it, but I really liked it. I changed directions in what I wanted and it ended up being too large.

Had I bought the 4" PPQ, I would probably still have it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I had a Q5 Match when I thought I was going to get into pistol competitions. I didn't shoot it in any and therefore I didn't have a lot of rounds through it, but I really liked it. I changed directions in what I wanted and it ended up being too large.

Had I bought the 4" PPQ, I would probably still have it.

I know the model of which you speak. It shoots fine. No problems.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    I shoot USPSA, Steel Challenge, and 3 Gun with a Q5 Match topped with a DPP and I love it. I'm still making the transition from irons to dot so I'm not great with it yet, but when I'm on it's amazing. It's the first pistol I've ever bought where I didn't feel like I need to polish the trigger or drop in a spring kit immediately. It was perfect out of the box.

Slow fire it'll shoot ping pong ball sized groups at 25 yards easy. I've never jammed it with any of the dozen types of ammo I've tried, and for a striker gun it has one of the best out of the box triggers I've felt. The Sig 320 X5 Legion trigger is probably the closest in feel but the Q5 costs about half of what a Legion does.

On top of that there's a TON of accessories for the Q5 from all the major manufacturers. I love mine.

Top Bottom