• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Howdy guys and gals,

I think my posts on law enforcement guns are appreciated here. This week I would like to share with you guys my Indiana State Police handgun collection. My collection starts with their Model 66 and ends with the Beretta 96G. They carried the Model 15 before the 66, but they didn't mark them. The Glock 17 replaced the Beretta 96, but the only way you can tell is by their ISP prefix in the serial number. I don't have their g17 or g21: hopefully one day I can find them. Currently they carry the Sig P227 that has the logo nicely engraved on the slide. I can't wait until these hit the surplus market. Their current back up is the p365: they aren't marked.

The little Beretta in the picture is the 84FS: it was their back up gun. As far as I know, it was issued to troopers from the mid nineties to 2007.

isp-all.jpg

ISP-66.jpg
    isp-84fs.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My ISP Glock is unmarked, it just has ISP to start the sn#, I honestly cannot remember if its a 9mm or a .40.
    The IMPD Glock is a .40I think, maybe I have them backwards, or maybe they are both 9's or both .40's ?!?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The bottom Colt Officers Model must have been a shooting match prize for someone. It's inscribed "To Indiana State Police, From Ford dealers of Indiana, 1959."

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My brother found mine at a gun show in Arizona. I had it shipped here. Before that I searched high and low for one.

I have found a few old police guns in Arizona and Texas: guess that's where a lot of troopers like to retire to

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    bloodandgutsmurphy, the ISP Sig P365’s are marked with a logo on the slide, just FYI.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Very nice collection! We have also been issued the Glock 21, Glock 17 and currently the Sig 227 and Sig 265. The last two are still in service and there are none on the open market.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    I have an Indiana State Police S&W 66. I got it new in the box from a retired IN state policeman. I will never part with it. I have a 4 inch Model 10 also (not police marked). I love 4 inch K frames.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have an Indiana State Police S&W 66. I got it new in the box from a retired IN state policeman. I will never part with it. I have a 4 inch Model 10 also (not police marked). I love 4 inch K frames.

New in box? Does it have a 3 digit number stamped on the left side of the frame underneath the cylinder?

Top Bottom