• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Question: Does anyone else here have a Ruger 10/22 Charger pistol?
    How well do you like it?
    What, if any, Mod's have you done to it...brace, etc.?
    What sights, scope, red dot, etc. have you installed and why did you choose it?
    Any issues with it...good, positive, bad, ugly, etc.?
    Heavily considering one and wanted a few opinions to consider!
    Everyone gives good responses...thanks in advance y'all!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've got one. Neat little pistol!

Bought a Farrowtech brace adapter and a Kak tube and brace for it.

https://sapoutfitters.com/product/farrowtech-ruger-22-charger-ar-pistol-brace-buffer-tube-adapter

Put a Thril RTG pistol grip on it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/thril-rtg-rugged-tactical-ar-pistol-grip-black-rtg-blk.html

Also threw a Kaw Valley 5.56 Linear Compensator on it :):, because I had an extra one laying around.

I've run about 400 rounds through it so far, no issues. It's a fun little blaster!

I run a Feyachi reflex sight on it ($50 on Amazon), because at the end of the day, it's a toy to me. It's held zero just fine so far, and has the circle/dot EoTech style reticle that I like.

Would probably run a Sig Romeo 5 on it if I used it for anything other than a range toy, or if the Feyachi gives up the ghost.

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Have one of the older ones with laminate stock , added a KIDD 10" and it is a pretty decent shooter. A 2X-7X Burris PA scope is what I have on there now.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have one of the older version and also the newer Takedown version. The takedown has had several uprades. Midwest industries Chassis and handguard, SB Tactical folding adapter, SBA3 brace, Binary Trigger, oversized charging handle, Romeo 5 Red dot

stevenstark711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2019
    Indiana
    Have 2 older ones,one newer takedown,old ones have Volquartsen trigger,hammer,sears,bolt buffers,all 3 have extended mag release,very big improvement for mag drops,the SSTD C Charger has a Kidd trigger in it,scopes are taco 4x,Nixon 3×7,the Barska on top pistol was replaced with Accudot,believe the stainless steel one has a Volquartsen extractor,they are all a joy to shoot,have grandkids that love to shoot them,ping balls at 25 yds easy,doable at 50yds
    119d6702805f4bf5a8eb004d73fc253e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

stevenstark711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2019
    Indiana
    Have 2 older ones,one newer takedown,old ones have Volquartsen trigger,hammer,sears,bolt buffers,all 3 have extended mag release,very big improvement for mag drops,the SSTD C Charger has a Kidd trigger in it,scopes are taco 4x,Nixon 3×7,the Barska on top pistol was replaced with Accudot,believe the stainless steel one has a Volquartsen extractor,they are all a joy to shoot,have grandkids that love to shoot them,ping balls at 25 yds easy,doable at 50yds
    119d6702805f4bf5a8eb004d73fc253e.jpg

With accudot,didn't have extended mag releases on in these pix,before someone points it out
    7ac1bc8e03edd241d0de07f7a9e4900f.jpg
    19977221bec62d5cca25851dc5eb93aa.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The Charger I posted about in #5 above with KIDD barrel and Burris 2x-7x. Have not really shot it much , need to take it out more.

Attachments

• charger003 2.jpg
      charger003 2.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 9

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Realizing they're not quite the same thing... I elected to put a folding stock on my 10/22TD in the belief that I am now getting the best of both worlds. I always liked the Chargers, but just couldn't justify adding one to the collection when I can get something that serves both roles in one gun (I'm assuming not many people defensively carry their Chargers).

This is what I have on mine. With the TD, folding stock, and QD scope mounts I can break it down and put it in my center console if I want.

https://agparms.com/agp-arms-folding-stock-kit-gen2-designed-for-ruger-10-22/

I have always liked the laminated Charger stocks though. Beautiful guns.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have an old model.
    I thought a Henry's Mare's Leg would be fun, but I thought it would be more fun if it was a semi-auto.
    So I did this:

I put a red dot with a laser on it.

I shoot it with a cheek weld, like this guy is shooting a Mare's Leg, and it's about as accurate as shooting a rifle.

I modified a 10/22 stock and sent it to BATF and asked if it would still be a handgun if I put a Charger action in it. I have a letter from BATF stating a Charger action in this stock is a legal pistol. Since the Charger is sold as a pistol, it stays a pistol. A 10/22 action would be a short barreled rifle. The stock is too short to shoot from the shoulder.

It is hard to believe how much fun this thing is!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've got one. Neat little pistol!

Bought a Farrowtech brace adapter and a Kak tube and brace for it.

https://sapoutfitters.com/product/farrowtech-ruger-22-charger-ar-pistol-brace-buffer-tube-adapter

Put a Thril RTG pistol grip on it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/thril-rtg-rugged-tactical-ar-pistol-grip-black-rtg-blk.html

Also threw a Kaw Valley 5.56 Linear Compensator on it :):, because I had an extra one laying around.

I've run about 400 rounds through it so far, no issues. It's a fun little blaster!

I run a Feyachi reflex sight on it ($50 on Amazon), because at the end of the day, it's a toy to me. It's held zero just fine so far, and has the circle/dot EoTech style reticle that I like.

Would probably run a Sig Romeo 5 on it if I used it for anything other than a range toy, or if the Feyachi gives up the ghost.

I am more interested in where to find one. Although, I am looking for a Charger Take Down.

I ended up building one... bought everything separately and just assembled it.
    Ended up with a threaded 13.5" barrel, a Farrowtech Adapter and a KAK Brace II...put a red dot on it and it's a hoot to shoot!

HarleyMason

Marksman
    Rating - 92.6%
    25   2   0
    Mar 7, 2019
    Roanoke

custom od green cerakote, SBA4 brace, Franklin Armory binary trigger, Bushnell TR25 red dot, Huntertown Arms suppressor. She makes my secrets tickle.

Top Bottom