• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I just saw a YouTube video stating the 320 is not safe and lawsuits are pending

Anybody have any issues?

I have a 320 compact and it has me thinking it’s time to move away from it. Mine has had the “upgrade”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I might question how old the video was. There was possibly an issue when they first came out. Some say there was none, others said otherwise. There are a large number of law enforcement agencies and military carrying this model right now.

If yours has the upgrade, don't worry about it.

Keep you finger off of the trigger until your sights are on target and you're ready to fire. You'll be just fine.

Actually, you should have even worried about it without the upgrade.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It'd be pretty unlikely for the pistol to fire by its self even if dropped. That's assuming it's one of the early models.

The weight of the trigger shoe caused it to be able to depress its self if it was dropped at a perfect 45 degree angle, landing on concrete at the back of the slide.

A lighter trigger shoe solved the problem.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    As others have stated, you are receiving some old info.

When the 320 was first released, there were cases where if the gun was dropped just right, the gun could fire. Litigation was immediately started as is the nature in our now sue happy society.

Sig Sauer did not issue a recall, but they did offer an "upgrade" program. The "upgrade" was also quickly implemented into new production guns. The "upgrade" resolved any drop issues and if your gun has said upgrade, it is perfectly safe and there is no reason to get rid of it.

Keep in mind that the P320 is now a US military pistol (The M17 and M18 are essentially the same thing). This does not mean it is the best gun in existence, as price was a factor as well. However, Sig has a major incentive to remedy any potential safety issues as they could loose the big money contract if the gun has safety issues.

I am a Glock guy as I got invested with piles of mags and accessories 10-15 years ago. If I had to start over, I would be torn between a Gen 5 Glock 19, P320 Compact, or M&P 2.0 Compact. They are all excellent guns and all will serve you well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am a Glock guy as I got invested with piles of mags and accessories 10-15 years ago. If I had to start over, I would be torn between a Gen 5 Glock 19, P320 Compact, or M&P 2.0 Compact. They are all excellent guns and all will serve you well.

I was similar (heavily Glock invested), and own all 3 you mention, and have essentially switched over to the 320 X-Compact as well as 365 for EDC. The M&P 2.0 Compact is definitely a nice gun. The 320's as well (modularity is an amazing feature). Both have better ergonomics and shoot better in my hands than the Glock.

That said, OP if you are not comfortable, post the 320 up for trade or sale. I'm sure it will move.

Rice2130

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Evansville
    Ive never had any problems with mine. Nor any of my sigs. Ive actually sold all my pistols that werent sigs to buy more sigs. Deffinitely my favorite. They have all been flawless for me.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'd guess it is old news or someone regurgitated the article. Like the M9 slide and locking block issue in the mid 1980's the 320 "firing when dropped "was GREATLY exaggerated.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just saw a YouTube video stating the 320 is not safe and lawsuits are pending

Anybody have any issues?

I have a 320 compact and it has me thinking it’s time to move away from it. Mine has had the “upgrade”.

I have several M320s, which include COTS of the M17/18. No issues. I have no plans to divest myself of the 320 platform.

SOME models of 320s fired when dropped on the back of the slide (SOME triggers continue back and would fire the weapon).

NOTE: BIg Army's protocols did not cover this angle as their protocols did not dictate such an angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7si_VQsGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNMuqZle_6Q

Top Bottom