Browning buckmark “upgrades” thoughts and opinions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Recently picked up a buckmark that has had a number of “upgrades” performed. Wasn’t functioning so I had to tske apart and properly install the upgrades to get it to work. Not sure there is any difference between it and another buckmark I have besides shape of trigger.

it had tandem Kross trigger, ejector, extended mag release, and gearbox sear spring. Also has Dawson precision sights and I believe company is SVJ or something like thst slide racker

i do like the flat trigger but the rest of the “upgrades” seem to do little if anything except waste money.

curious if everyone else has had same experiences. I also don’t trust others work so have to make sure things are correct so upgrades rk me typically makes a gun worth less . Surely I’m not the only one

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not much for upgrades especially from unknown sources. Some things I can overlook if the parts are drop in and the original parts come with, but generally I'd rather have an OEM gun to start.

That said, there are a few trusted resources here on the forum that I would gladly obtain an upgraded gun from, but those are very few and far between.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I did the trigger, gearbox and ext. mag release from TK. The trigger and gearbox were money well spent. The mag release doesn't fit well and is sloppy. I also did the Striplin guide rod for simpler takedown

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    i do like flat trigger. Doesn’t really do much but does feel better to me. The gearbox is worth its weight in gold to not have to deal with that spring. Everything else seems to be total waste. Especially when it was bubba’ed pretty good. Pretty sure why it was sold. They installed almost everything incorrectly which was leading to problems. Finally got it all fixed. Waiting on extractor plunger they broke and had in wrong putting in the TK extractor. Parts will be here Monday and should be good as new. I held out a long time but I do believe I like the buckmark a significantly more than rugers

I did the trigger, gearbox and ext. mag release from TK. The trigger and gearbox were money well spent. The mag release doesn't fit well and is sloppy. I also did the Striplin guide rod for simpler takedown

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    i do like flat trigger. Doesn’t really do much but does feel better to me. The gearbox is worth its weight in gold to not have to deal with that spring. Everything else seems to be total waste. Especially when it was bubba’ed pretty good. Pretty sure why it was sold. They installed almost everything incorrectly which was leading to problems. Finally got it all fixed. Waiting on extractor plunger they broke and had in wrong putting in the TK extractor. Parts will be here Monday and should be good as new. I held out a long time but I do believe I like the buckmark a significantly more than rugers

Woo Hoo! Finally another convert ... some people are almost too stubborn for their own good!

FWIW, I run my Buckmarks w/o any mods save for maybe adding William Firesights and definitely removing the magazine disconnecting rod. I like them just fine from the factory.

Then again, maybe I will be converted in the future and start to supe up my Buckmarks?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    All parts came in from midway and got installed. Runs like a champ now with no parts broken or installed incorrectly. Now time to cerakote I believe. Just have to decide on a color or design and order the cerakote and probably more mags

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom