• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    I bought a 41 back in the summer and it shot to the left 5” at 10yds supported with four different ammunitions. I had to drift the sight over so far it was hanging over the edge. I just sent it back to them and got it back in a week fixed, but without an explanation of what they had done to it. Sights are straight, shoots straight as a raygun, apparently they didn’t re-barrel it; it’s serialized and wear patterns match pics taken prior to sending it.
    I couldn’t see anything prior to sending it that was misaligned or non-concentric causing it to shoot so far off. I thought maybe an uneven crown, but if they re-cut it you sure couldn’t tell, one heck of finish touch up. I’m glad they fixed it but what in the heck could’ve been wrong with it? I’m so grateful it’s fixed I don’t wanna be pushy or bug them about it, “Just WTF was wrong with my pistol?” Any ideas?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Without seeing it before and after I would be speculating. I can tell you that you are unlikely to get any info out of Glock because they might be forced to admit they made a mistake and fell short of perfection. :whistle: Might be something as simple as re-crowning the barrel. It would be pretty simple to do that and refinish it. Could also be something to with how the barrel mated with the locking block and that would be a very easy fix and my first guess. Glad they got it repaired for you.

[FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO ...Glock/ M&P Certified armorer[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT]

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Might have needed a deeper reaming, lock up in the slide or they pimped the chamber a bit? I dunno? That is usually beyond a normal armorer's forte` and at a manufacturer's level.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I brought a new G43 a few years back that was all over the place shooting.
    Upon inspection I found the take down lever was in backwards. This cause it to lock up inconsistently.
    Once I installed the lever on correctly(60 second job) it was fine.
    I've been shooting Glocks since 87 and have owned 60 or more myself. This was the first issue I ever had.

I bet this was also your problem. The take down lever is cupped on one side and this allows the barrel to lock up consistently.
    When flipped the lever has a bump and does not mate up to the barrel correctly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom