• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    So i dont own a 1911... I have shot them but never owned one, and thats going to change. I decided im going to buy myself one for christmas, somewhere in the $6-800 range. I dont need top of the line nor do i want bottom of the barrel. Just a nice shooter. Its not going to be a carry gun. My criteria: full size, .45acp, reliable, and accurate. What do you 1911 guys suggest?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So i dont own a 1911... I have shot them but never owned one, and thats going to change. I decided im going to buy myself one for christmas, somewhere in the $6-800 range. I dont need top of the line nor do i want bottom of the barrel. Just a nice shooter. Its not going to be a carry gun. My criteria: full size, .45acp, reliable, and accurate. What do you 1911 guys suggest?

Man oh man oh man. Look at any of the Range officers offered from Springer.
    In the used areana that budget will get you any number of nice Springers. A loaded would be a nice piece for a 1st ever 1911.
    Ruger has some decent pieces for a bit less but I prefer the metallurgy in the Springer.

If and when you do get one do not feed it anything past Midnight.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Springfield,
    Ruger,
    S&W E series,
    used Colt

Colt.......:faint:

tenor.gif

:cool:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Colt.......:faint:

Pro tip to the INGOers: NEVER EVER BRING UP COLT AROUND CHURCHMOUSE!! It goes back to CM's days in high school... Sam Colt must've been a real a-hole in high school is all I can figure :laugh6::laugh6::laugh6:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I just checked out the SA website. They have a new RONIN 1911 that i didnt know about for $850 and its a dang fine looking piece. Last time i checked their website out was when the EMP came out. Anyway i think i might see if i can hunt down a Ronin in .45 somewhere local to check out.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I just checked out the SA website. They have a new RONIN 1911 that i didnt know about for $850 and its a dang fine looking piece. Last time i checked their website out was when the EMP came out. Anyway i think i might see if i can hunt down a Ronin in .45 somewhere local to check out.

I have a RO but that Ronin looks interesting.

My RO was my only pistol when I started shooting, but alas, since I bought my plastic fantastic, it sits more than it get shot. I used it for a training class last summer when my M&P slide was getting milled for a red dot and I did fine with it.

But I am pretty much done with iron sights at my age and I can't bring myself to put a red dot on a 1911 slide.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I looked at a Ronin at Highsmiths in Greenfield awhile back and I was pretty impressed with it, should be a good choice.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I looked at a Ronin at Highsmiths in Greenfield awhile back and I was pretty impressed with it, should be a good choice.

me too, I fondled it and almost bought it, but passed. walked out with 10 of those coyote pmags though lol (I can never seem to leave that place empty handed!)

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I have a RO but that Ronin looks interesting.

My RO was my only pistol when I started shooting, but alas, since I bought my plastic fantastic, it sits more than it get shot. I used it for a training class last summer when my M&P slide was getting milled for a red dot and I did fine with it.

But I am pretty much done with iron sights at my age and I can't bring myself to put a red dot on a 1911 slide.
    I have a RDS on my carry and a few others. The 1911 will probably be more like my 686 and stay a mostly factory unit if its great right out of the box. My plastic guns i dont really care because they’re not good looking but the ronin and my 686 are good looking units.

Top Bottom