Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

User Info Menu

.44 Special for Urban Use .44 Mag for Rural use.
    "See you on the Range"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    I realize that Americans are getting fatter, but 40" of penetration is only useful if you can get three bad guys to stand in a nice line for you.
    Just pointing that out to people who claim that the 40 S&W can do what a 10mm can. If its a bear attack I'd prefer the 10mm. My 10mm is for hunting and its also set up in a Micro Carbine with light and red dot for home defense. Of course I don't use 200gr WFNGC for home defense . I think 155gr XTP will do a fine job.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    I didn't realize that they made a 9mm round in the 185 grain range...
    I thought that 9mm maxed at 147 (for most) and 150 grain in the HST...
    Even .40 only reaches 180 grain in weight...
    I thought only the .45 acp came in 185 grain weight...which is actually the grain/weight I CC in my Glock 36???
    Yep, they do. And they're loaded to between 950-1000fps.

I've tested it myself and after testing it's my carry round. I would not recommend it in a sub compact handgun as it uses slower burning powder than normal for a handgun.

It's from seismic ammunition. Still find it strange the gun media hasn't really caught onto it yet.

I don't have gel, but here's links to pictures I took of shooting milk jugs:
    https://i.imgur.com/SvRzSwt.jpg
    Aftermath:
    https://i.imgur.com/okzusbu.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/4SxLnG2.png
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

Interesting round. Just found this after reading your post.

https://youtu.be/41VOBixvGQc

User Info Menu

Jeezz, this thread was started when i joined 11 years ago!!

Wow

Plinker

User Info Menu

I say shoot what you feel most comfortable with. No round is any good if you can't make consistent hits with it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Holy resurrected threads! Seriously though WAY to much wording goes into round a vs round b. Most ME firearms trainers and or investigators have known for a long time is around 80% of Peeps shot with handgun rounds survive.

Over said this bwfore. Real thugs don't read gel test results! I have I interviewed several Federal inmates that were shot with everything from 22 to 7.62 (ours and their own criminal competition)

Carry what you can make reasonable hits with

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ECS686 View Post
    Holy resurrected threads! Seriously though WAY to much wording goes into round a vs round b. Most ME firearms trainers and or investigators have known for a long time is around 80% of Peeps shot with handgun rounds survive.

Over said this bwfore. Real thugs don't read gel test results! I have I interviewed several Federal inmates that were shot with everything from 22 to 7.62 (ours and their own criminal competition)

Carry what you can make reasonable hits with

Wow!
    Sounds like you need to choose your friends more carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Nightstand is a Glock 17 W/Laser and a broad assortment of different magazines. A Ruger LCRx in .357 mag. W/Laser is the comfortable CC and or occasional BUG. A Glock 27 (11 rd) in .40 with G-23 mags (15 rd) is my buddy. Inside the waist or OC where it doesn't even get noticed on a big boy.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    ― Samuel Adams

User Info Menu

The best is what round you can consistently hit what you're aiming at.

If you can't hit'em you're not going to stop the threat.

Practice to the point you're putting a fist sized group EVERY time you shoot.

.22 9mm .357SIG .40 .45 don't mean diddly if you don't hit what you're aiming at.

If you don't, I hope you have a paid up life insurance policy because
    the "which caliber is best discussion" IS A MUTE POINT.

Butthurt (*)......It happens a lot here on INGO, get over it if it happens to you.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13