• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Check out my new to me python.It was in the display case with 459.00 on the tag but i got it for 370.00 otd. Their going for $800.00 and up on ga and gb. So now i wonder why it was so cheap?It shoots pretty good so i dont get it:dunno:. Also ive been told not to reblue this gun,why not?I dont mind charactor if im the one who put it there so will it hurt the value if i reblue it?

Last edited:

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Also ive been told not to reblue this gun,why not?I dont mind charactor if im the one who put it there so will it hurt the value if i reblue it?

Collectors value the originality of a gun. Rebluing will definitely hurt resale by ruining originality.

The antique/classic car market is starting to turn this way. Too many vehicles are 100 point show cars and collectors are now starting to pay the big money for originals. It's not nearly the norm with that market as it appears to be with guns, but it's a start.

GREAT looking Python.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For a tiny shop, Chuck gets some nice guns in every once in a while. That gun was sitting in the case for a while, the price is based on the condition of the blueing. From the collector standpoint that gun is showing too much wear, hence the lower price. From a collector standpoint, reblued guns are not generally collectable. However, from a casual collector/shooter standpoint, rebluing a gun can restore some of its value. See Eric Gutridge in Griffith on Broad Street just south of Main at the RR tracks if you want someone who does a good/great job rebluing guns.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    For a tiny shop, Chuck gets some nice guns in every once in a while. That gun was sitting in the case for a while, the price is based on the condition of the blueing. From the collector standpoint that gun is showing too much wear, hence the lower price. From a collector standpoint, reblued guns are not generally collectable. However, from a casual collector/shooter standpoint, rebluing a gun can restore some of its value. See Eric Gutridge in Griffith on Broad Street just south of Main at the RR tracks if you want someone who does a good/great job rebluing guns.
    Thanks for the info. Its nice having a forum where the members are as close as they are on this board. And im going to due some thinking if i am going to reblue it or not. I bought this as a carry gun if Obama does get into office and does pass a 6 round limit on carry guns.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Not to rain on any body's parade but... isn't there something missing or wrong with the tip of the ejector rod? Looks kind of sharp/pointy. :dunno:

Other than that... it's sweet!!! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Great deal on that baby!!! Do not reblue it! Because of it's rarity you should not refinish it. Many people, from the person who wants a museum piece to someone who just wants to have one will not want to part with the true value of the revolver it if it was refinished. Call it funny, but leave it original. Oh, and enjoy it!!! JEALOUS!!!!

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Not to rain on any body's parade but... isn't there something missing or wrong with the tip of the ejector rod? Looks kind of sharp/pointy. :dunno:

Other than that... it's sweet!!! :thumbsup:

:cheers:
    yes your right the ejector...handle? is missing but i think i can find that easily. anyone know how i can date this without going to the factory?

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    made in 1967 and from what i read everyone says to get a 70's era Colt. Thanks for the help everyone

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    do you guys think i should have a smith look over this gun? It locks up good, but i have read that they jump time alot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Admittedly I have limited experience with the guy, but I don't think you will find a lot of people who are going to recommend Gutridge for a smith. At least not for anything complicated. Who knows, maybe his reblue jobs turn out well.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Admittedly I have limited experience with the guy, but I don't think you will find a lot of people who are going to recommend Gutridge for a smith. At least not for anything complicated. Who knows, maybe his reblue jobs turn out well.
    yeah i have had limited use of gun smiths anyoner recomend a good one around me?

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    isn't there something missing or wrong with the tip of the ejector rod? Looks kind of sharp/pointy. :dunno::cheers:

i think it was the flash from the camera, nice piece though, my dad just found a stainless one for 450. although a box of 44 ammo is insane, it costs more to shoot it than to purchase one :thumbsup:

Top Bottom