• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My first handgun was given to me by my dad. It completely freaked out my mom. Not me having a pistol, but how I reacted. It was Christmas. We decided that we needed to be able to guess what the presents were or we had to open them with our eyes closed. Not sure why we did that, but it was fun.

I get my present. It feels like a tupperware dish or something. I don't know what it is. So I start opening it with my eyes closed. When I felt the hole in the center of the tupperware dish and I knew. But I didn't say anything, because I didn't know which Glock it was. So I open the case. I drop the mag. Pull the slide and check the chamber with my finger. Point down and pull the trigger. Press the slide back a little and pull the release to strip the pistol. Slide the barrel out and feel the caliber. Put it back together and feel the grip length. Then open my eyes and tell Dad thanks for the Glock 22.

My mom had no way of knowing that I was the one that cleaned the Glock 21 after almost every Rose-Hulman Gun Club shoot. She didn't know that we tried different pistols for ease of field stripping with our eyes closed, just for fun. She just had the look of seeing her son now as some crazed SWAT, special forces, pistol handler or something. I got a kick out of that. :)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    When I was stabbed in the arm in North Minneapolis for my paper route money in 1965 (I was 13) an adult friend gave me a Browning 25 that I carried all through Junior and High School. I don't know what happened to that handgun.

I think that was also the year that I ordered a 8mm Mauser rifle through the mail from Herters so I could go deer hunting with my Dad and brothers.

Top Bottom