• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've gotten some questions here, and on other forums about the Magna-Port system on auto pistols, how effective it is, and how dirty the guns get. As for effectiveness, honestly I'm not so sure it is a great thing on a short barrel gun. When I was handloading I could optimize the loads with faster powders to more effectively use the ports, but I don't think they are very effective with slow burning powders.

As for how dirty the guns get, well take a look at the photos. You can see the ports do blow gunk into the gun! There were approximately 350 rounds through that gun when the photos were taken.

Some people say that shooting the compact 45's are difficult, I don't find that to be true, but perhaps that is just me? What I do find is that if you curl your last finger under the gun then it gives some level of stability and control. One of the photos shows a 1 hand hold with the little finger curled under the magazine, I normally shoot 2 handed but needed the other hand to hold the camera! All the targets where shot offhand at roughly 21 feet. In the photo with 4 targets showing, 3 targets were shot with 2 magazines full (12 shots each), while the target at the bottom of the picture is a 6 shot group. Given the thick sights on the little Combat Master these groups are pretty respectable for me, but I'm certainly not a great shot.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Fine shooting, I've thought about getting porting on an auto but never have, thanks for the report

Top Bottom