• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    For Father's Day my wife funded the purchase of a new pocket gun for me. I picked up a Kahr PM9.

I've read a lot about breaking them in, and today I had the opportunity to put 300+ rounds through it. I'm proud to say that I didn't have one hiccup. Tonight I'm going to break her down, clean her up and give her a healthy dose of lubrication (I'm talking about my firearm, not my wife :rolleyesedit:).

The gun fits really well in the pocket of my shorts or jeans with a Desantis pocket holster. It makes for a nice carry gun when I've just got shorts on w/o a belt.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If I'm wearing jeans and a baggy shirt, I think I'll wear my Comp-Tac. But I have to admit, it is easy to just shove the Kahr in my pocket and be on my way. It is not only small in overall size, but it also has a slim profile. I also like the fact it is 9mm instead of .380.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad to read you like your PM9. I have one too, and made sure that I broke it in by the book which said minimum of 250 rounds to break it in. I now have over 1000 through it, and it has been perfect. The amazing thing is that the slide is still super tight, and a real pain to chamber the first round, but I prefer it tight to loose.

I also use a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster and really like it. The only problem is that it is easy to forget you are carrying it! Not being a big person, it is hard for me to find something that I can hide unless I am wearing a jacket. The PM9 fits the bill perfectly.

Enjoy yours!!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Glad to read you like your PM9. I have one too, and made sure that I broke it in by the book which said minimum of 250 rounds to break it in. I now have over 1000 through it, and it has been perfect. The amazing thing is that the slide is still super tight, and a real pain to chamber the first round, but I prefer it tight to loose.

I also use a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster and really like it. The only problem is that it is easy to forget you are carrying it! Not being a big person, it is hard for me to find something that I can hide unless I am wearing a jacket. The PM9 fits the bill perfectly.

Enjoy yours!!

Thanks. I agree the slide is super tight. I find it much easier to load the first round using the slide release than just racking the slide.

I expected the gun to jam up considering the challenge of loading the first round. So far so good!

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I went out and broke in my KT PF9 yesterday as well. I ran 225 WWB and 35 147gr HST through it. Not a single issue other then the slide not locking back every now and then. I believe it is a magazine follower issue. World of difference between it and my G19.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks. I agree the slide is super tight. I find it much easier to load the first round using the slide release than just racking the slide.

I expected the gun to jam up considering the challenge of loading the first round. So far so good!

Kahr, in fact, recommends that the first round is loaded using the slide release as opposed to "sling shotting"...

But if the sling shot method works...then it works!

-J-

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Yer gonna love it! I bought my PM9 used with 4 mags...don't know how many rounds through it, but not many. Shot 200 WWB through it and now I'm over 1000 rounds with absolutely no problems. I usually just carry IWB in an old Uncle Mikes made for a J-frame revolver. Mine is so tight you HAVE to use the slide release lever, it won't slingshot at all.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yer gonna love it! I bought my PM9 used with 4 mags...don't know how many rounds through it, but not many. Shot 200 WWB through it and now I'm over 1000 rounds with absolutely no problems. I usually just carry IWB in an old Uncle Mikes made for a J-frame revolver. Mine is so tight you HAVE to use the slide release lever, it won't slingshot at all.

I still need to pick up some extra mags. It does take a while to get through the rounds loading 6 at a time...

Top Bottom