• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LWT 3: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhMSNvZReYM]YouTube - Limp Wrist Tests Round 3[/ame]
    LWT 2: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsktLC-hzx4]YouTube - Testing several handguns for "limp wristing"[/ame]

Glock doesn't seem to fair so well... I know, I know, lets do a mud test! Wonder if anyone has some on you tube?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I think this is really only relevant if you expect to have a weapon be used by someone who isn't trained with it. If you can reliably shoot 200 rounds through your weapon, without failure and with decent accuracy, who cares if it fails when someone limp wrists it? You won't be while shooting it.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I think this is really only relevant if you expect to have a weapon be used by someone who isn't trained with it. If you can reliably shoot 200 rounds through your weapon, without failure and with decent accuracy, who cares if it fails when someone limp wrists it? You won't be while shooting it.

How often do you practice shooting weak hand only drills?
    if you're wounded can you be 100% certain you won't have a limp wrist when shooting back to save your life?

That said, I agree in general. A reliable gun should be reliable. Kel-Tec's are far worse when limp wristed than many others.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

What if you are injured during a confrontation and can only hold the gun with your weak or with an injured hand?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    What if you are injured during a confrontation and can only hold the gun with your weak or with an injured hand?

I try to shoot at least 20% of the rounds when out doing "training" time at the range (as opposed to "fun time") weak handed. He is holding the guns loose enough that you would be pretty close to either losing them in a fight or causing yourself to get injured. I've held a Glock pretty loose, and it has never failed for me. I guess it depends on your definition of "loose".

I guess I see the well know reliability of the Glock compared to others in longevity and lack of hardware failures overshadows this.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Kel-Tec's are far worse when limp wristed than many others.

Which we now own a Kel-Tec and that's what i was searching for was Kel-Tecs being limp-wristed.

Thanks Lars and Melensdad for saying what I thought would be an obvious reason for wanting to see this info. I always heard about glocks being the apitomy of reliability. Hell that old rusted Colt faired better in this test than the Glock. Even the Sig. Glad you guys got Natalie hooked on that P250! LOL I really appreciate what you two did for her and if you guys get a chance to come out this way again, maybe you can take her back to pops to help train her with this P-11 we bought. Just SO she doesn't limp-wrist it.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The P-11 really kicks. It is small and hard to hold. Really the ONLY upside to the pistol in my opinion is that it is tiny. I don't remember if I've had a limp wrist failure in that gun, because if you don't hold it tight it HURTS. However, for someone smaller or with weaker wrists, it could very well be a problem.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    How often do you practice shooting weak hand only drills?
    if you're wounded can you be 100% certain you won't have a limp wrist when shooting back to save your life?

That said, I agree in general. A reliable gun should be reliable. Kel-Tec's are far worse when limp wristed than many others.
    I went out last weekend and shot the 26. I shot it strong hand with support from my weak hand, and I also shot it weak hand with no support. Even though it only has a 2 finger grip, I had no problems or issues when shooting it weak handed with no support. I had what I thought to be a decent weak hand, 10 yard grouping too.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    I think if I were doing these limp wrist tests I would hold the gun out away from my body, the video freaked me out because after the gun was fired the muzzle was pointing almost directly up at the guy each time and it looks like your finger could easily discharge the weapon the way it is being gripped.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    very good point. But with the gun pointed up, it's harder to pull the trigger since the gun is basiclly hanging on his finger by the trigger guard and just barely supported on the back side by his thumb. I think it would take a lot more pressure to discharge. BUT accidents do happen, equipment malfunctions, and according to the Brady's, guns jump up and shoot by themselves...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Which we now own a Kel-Tec and that's what i was searching for was Kel-Tecs being limp-wristed.

Thanks Lars and Melensdad for saying what I thought would be an obvious reason for wanting to see this info. I always heard about glocks being the apitomy of reliability. Hell that old rusted Colt faired better in this test than the Glock. Even the Sig. Glad you guys got Natalie hooked on that P250! LOL I really appreciate what you two did for her and if you guys get a chance to come out this way again, maybe you can take her back to pops to help train her with this P-11 we bought. Just SO she doesn't limp-wrist it.
    you're welcome, and just email us whenever. :)

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy

I always heard about glocks being the apitomy of reliability. Hell that old rusted Colt faired better in this test than the Glock. Even the Sig.

The weight of the pistol's frame has EVERYTHING to do with performing well in this test. It is simple physics.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    The weight of the pistol's frame has EVERYTHING to do with performing well in this test. It is simple physics.

Hmmmm....... I detect :poop: ;)

Glock 17 : 22.04 oz w/NO mag. (performed poorly)

Springfield XD : 28 oz w/EMPTY mag. (performed well)

I'd say an empty Glock mag weighs a good 6 oz. making the two very comparable at around 28/29 ozs..

Care to "splain" that?? :lmfao::thumbsup:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Hmmmm....... I detect :poop: ;)

Glock 17 : 22.04 oz w/NO mag. (performed poorly)

Springfield XD : 28 oz w/EMPTY mag. (performed well)

I'd say an empty Glock mag weighs a good 6 oz. making the two very comparable at around 28/29 ozs..

Care to "splain" that?? :lmfao::thumbsup:

I was commenting on the Glock 17 vs. Colt 1911 comparison.

But I do find it interesting that the XD did function better and is very close in weight to the Glock so your point is not lost on me.

Top Bottom