• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Hey, I just recieved my AMERICAN RIFLEMAN magazine, in the mail, on pg. 47, they test 9 new .380 acp, small pistols..... very interesting reading...the RUGER LCP is the 3rd cheapest, and shot the 2nd tightest group, 4.9" @ 25 yds. Pretty impressive !!!!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I couldn't believe that, a nine-way test of .380 pistols, and there's 2 or 3 more new designs slated to come out later this year! Just goes to show how popular that caliber has become in recent years.

Now if only we could get ammo... :xmad:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    It's sad but the only .380 I've shot is my dad's Davis Industries.....needless to say I don't like it. I would however like to try a P3AT, LCP, Bersa, or Kahr.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I read the article, and, as I am sure many of us did, lusted over some designs. But what struck me was the number of various failures. All but one had some failure. They kind of Poo-Pooed it, as things needing a break in period, but I still was surprised at the failure rate within the first couple hundred rounds. I have purchased only two pistols so far,and both ran flawlessly from the Git-Go. Am I just lucky?Perhaps expecting too much from the technology that produces our handguns?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I read the article, and, as I am sure many of us did, lusted over some designs. But what struck me was the number of various failures. All but one had some failure. They kind of Poo-Pooed it, as things needing a break in period, but I still was surprised at the failure rate within the first couple hundred rounds. I have purchased only two pistols so far,and both ran flawlessly from the Git-Go. Am I just lucky?Perhaps expecting too much from the technology that produces our handguns?
    How long ago did you purchase the guns???? My S&W, & Ruger's worked flawlessly, out of the box... But I purchased some years ago... two of my smiths were purchased used... My 2 Ruger 10/22 were 40th Anniv.. edition purchased new...

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Colt Mustang Pocketlite....Have had it for about 10 years and have shot it off and on...I have put maybe 75 rounds through it and get stove pipes about every 8 to 10 rounds...especially with Corbon hollow points...sill fun to shoot and I am trying to shoot it more to break it in...Look forward to reading the article.:)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    The handguns I bought were modern, new in the box,different manufacturers,(Taurus, Springfield compacts) less than a year ago, both having about 500 rds thru them now.They are both carry guns and I try to practice often. They are 9mm compacts,rather than 380's.But, I wouldn't think that would be a factor.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Buy a lottery ticket.

I'd say you are lucky. Buy enough pistols and you will eventually have a problem with one out of the gate. I have not had many problems or major problems (mainly FTE or FTF during the first 50 rounds or so) but they are machines and are not perfect. The manufacturers always took care of my problems and I am happy with all my toys. No matter what the brand, model or price a bad one gets by once in a while. The most frequent cause of failure of a new firearm is failure to thoroughly clean and lubricate before break-in.
    :twocents:

mathews28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    haven't had a chance to read yet but thinking about getting the sig 238. was it in the test and how did it rate.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I have a Kel-Tec P3AT that I run 200 rnds through before I carried it and it run flawless from 1 to 200 with 88 gr hp's.

orlandoave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    That new Taurus 738 TCP looks like a keeper. It is supposed to made in the States from what I hear. I have the Ruger LCP and it is a champ. I reload all my own ammo and it loves everything I throw at it. I could not be happier with the weapon.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I almost hate to let the cat out of the bag :): but Dunhams in Warsaw had 380 last weekend (around 18$) so did Walmart (1 box) and Big R (4 brands and types best 18$ for 50fmj). Millers gun shop in Syracuse has both fmj (21$) and some hps and the hardware store/gunshop downtown have both there. So still not awesome pricing but better and easier to find. hope this helps.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    PS the hardware store also has the Taurus. I did notice the bottom of the barrel is exposed by the cool slanted front but it looks like it could be easily damaged by maybe a drop? kinda strange

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    TCP

Picking up a Taurus 738 and will shoot on Sunday. Looks like a winner to me. I have a P3AT and PPKS 380 already but ....... can you really have too many guns?

Top Bottom