• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I have a Taurus PT22 that's probably not had even 100 rds thru it in the almost 5 yrs I've had it and the slide is incredibly hard to work. My question is is this normal? Will it get better the more rounds that go thru it or is this just a permant issue? thanks

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    It's my understanding that this isn't going to go away. But you are missing one aspect of the PT22's usage. While the barrel is tipped up, insert a round into it. Since it's DAO, with a round already in the chamber, you won't have to pull the slide back.

I had a feeling this was covered recently:

Gentlemen!
    You DON'T rack the slide to chamber a round. You push forward the lever on the left side of the gun, just above the magazine release. The barrel then springs up and you put a round in the chamber. You unload the same way and NEVER have to grip that tiny slide and drag it to the rear against the hefty recoil spring.:)
    BTW, usually when you pop the barrel up with a round in the chamber, it flings the round out of the gun onto the floor. Restrain the barrel and let it open slowly to avoid this.

Last edited:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    It's my understanding that this isn't going to go away. But you are missing one aspect of the PT22's usage. While the barrel is tipped up, insert a round into it. Since it's DAO, with a round already in the chamber, you won't have to pull the slide back.
    you beat me to it. My understanding is the same. Beretta 22 is the same way.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Yes, it does have the tip up barrel but I just figured there was a slide for a reason...oh well, guess since I don't really carry it it's not a big deal...

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Gotta say, I really like the tip-up barrel. This allows you to remove a chambered round without causing any damage to it from the extractor as can happen with other pistols. I don't like to carry a round if it's been extracted more than 2-3 times...am I being overly cautious?

As I keep saying, I miss my Beretta Tomcat... :rolleyes:

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    Compared to the beretta - Taurus

I know that the beretta is a sa/da. I hve shot one and was surprised at the accuracy at 25 yrd once you get used to it. I kept them all in about a 12 inch circle. are the tauruses like that? are berettas always like that?

Top Bottom