• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pheenix42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    Anyone out there have any experience with said pistol? The fact that the one I saw was chambered for .45 ACP got my attention right away, and that the shop wanted something like $340 or so for it.

Always a pleasure coming here and asking questions; like the ad once said, "Ask the man who owns one!":D

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Anyone out there have any experience with said pistol? The fact that the one I saw was chambered for .45 ACP got my attention right away, and that the shop wanted something like $340 or so for it.

Always a pleasure coming here and asking questions; like the ad once said, "Ask the man who owns one!":D

I have some buddies that have these - functional - for the most part reliable, but UGLY as sin IMO

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I think you will like it. I don't own one, but I have shot one. It's about the same size as my P94, just more recoil. :):

I saw it mentioned about a long trigger reach. I have really long fingers and the Rugers just fit me so much better than most guns. Some of my friends don't like the trigger, but they have small hands.

If it fits your hand it should do you well, especially if it's even half as reliable as my Ruger. I have put between 6,000 and 7,000 rounds through it with no FTF or misfires.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    The steel framed, single stack Rugers, remind me a lot of the Steel Framed, Semi Automatic Smith and Wesson pistols with the slide mounted safeties.

With slightly less attractive grip panels. I've seen a few of them, and they seem to run. Which is a good start.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Reliable and nearly indestructible; somewhat unrefined (compared to a Sig Sauer or S&W); a very good value if it fits your hand.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    a friend of mine had a black P90, and someone else i somewhat know also has a P90 in stainless. Both have said great things about the guns, very durable, and reliable. I haven't had a chance to shoot one, but i have played around with one and I must say, that they are nice. They also fit good in the hand in my opinion. If i were you I say go buy one. However in another opinion I have..I think the p94 series feels A LOT nicer.:)

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have liked my P89 for years. I must assume that the P90 is exactly 1 better. As far as ugly? Any gun pointed at me would be ugly.:eek:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Twins? Ok not really, but they are rather similar...... one is orders of magnitude more refined.
    the Ruger looks like it could be used as a wheel chock and not be damaged.

RugerP90.jpg

sw659.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The P90 I have experience with has one of the best double-action semi-auto triggers I've ever felt out of the box.

No, it's not an extremely refined gun in many other ways, but it is reliable, fairly accurate and doesn't cost $600.

It's also very durable. Some think it was originally designed for 10 mm, but the 10 mm cartridge fell in popularity by the time the P90 was finalized so it was chambered in 45 ACP.

I've looked at the new P345, but the trigger pull is really short for me.

Unfortunately, Ruger doesn't make a de-cock only model anymore.

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I have never played with a P90, but I love my P94. I have fired between 6,000 and 7,000 rounds through it with no misfires or FTF's. I just clean it well after it's fired and other than that I have done nothing to it. It even has the original recoil spring in it.

If the P90 is built with the same quality, I believe you will be more than happy with it.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Personaly i dont like them for carry they are just too big to carry around ... if your using it for a boat anchor then yah it may work for you. but the final decider should be you. i could preach to you that the only way to go is glock but if it dont fit your hand then you wont shoot well with it, and if you dont shoot well with it then you should nt carry it.

hpd855

Member From INGO's Early Days
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Haubstadt
    The one I had has extremely accurate for me. I had the KP90TH, for the money I do not think you can go wrong.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If you look at the P345, be aware that it can be damaged by dry firing without an empty mag in it due to the magazine disconnect "safety" design. This is a well documented issue (as is the procedure for "cleaning" the rear sight).

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    By way of explanation, "with Ruger's [new] design, the firing pin or striker hits the interrupt plunger with considerable force (enough to detonate a primer). Repeated dry firing deforms both the firing pin and the interrupt plunger until one or both are peened so much they impede striker/firing pin movement. Once movement is restricted, you will get light or no primer hits resulting in misfires."

Of course you can "fix" this yourself (i.e. prevent it from happening) if you look around online a bit.

shotgun131313

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Clark county
    i have owned several p89 ( 9mm p series ) and they are as good as anyother.everyone will have a personal preference ,don't listen to all the crap.they are blocky but not as much as some.there are no ugly guns just ugly gun owners. myself included

Top Bottom