• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What velcro pistol holders have you used / do you use to put your pistols on the door vs taking up shelf room?

I'm thinking of the acorn ones, but searching using generic terms turns up boatloads of results. Most of which have nothing to do with what I'm looking for so I doubt I've seen all my options.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Here ya go less than ten bucks!
    Walmart.com: Crosman Soft Air Shoulder Holster: Hunting
    0002847812884_215X215.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have been considering buying some cheap holsters and actually bolting them to the skin inside my safe door. It is removeable, some might not be.

Looking for someone who has a closeout on Fobus or some similar rig as well. If you didn't want to ruin the holster by drilling into it you could always get a paddle type and drill into the paddle instead.

While this is more expensive then simple pegs it would look cool. Since I have tried to promise myself never to sell another firearm it wouldn't matter about the different rigs hanging there.

Let me show some more ignorance and ask what you mean by acorn velcro holders.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ok I see now... I don't have carpet on my door so that's what all the confusion was for.

Those look pretty cool as well as the door mounted pistol system. Might be a lot easier for me to add some carpet to the door rather than buying individual rigs.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I pulled the original door liner out and put in pegboard. Its definitely the way to go if you are able to do it on your door.

Good luck on the search

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If you have peg board on your safe door like I do (thanks for Johnson Safe as it's their standard design)... then you'll want these since you can position them anywhere.
    Versatile Gun Rack 1 Pistol Peg Board Rack Vinyl Coated Steel Black - MidwayUSA

That is exactly what I did.

The pistol hooks in the above link for a peg board work very well. You should note that "Also includes a metal plate which may be mounted on any flat surface to hang the peg board rack" in case you want to use a solid flat surface instead of peg board.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I use a hanging shoe storage thingy for wireless mics at work; don't see why it wouldn't work for pistols as well. They look like this (Clear Over the Door 12-Pocket Shoe Bag), and can be found at wally world or the dollar store. Cheap, but not-so-cool.

Nice idea, definately cheaper. Not sure I'd want my guns in cheap plastic though....

I order some of the acorn holsters, for price, they are impossible to beat.

I'm also not removing part of my fireproofing to put up a peg board. I don't like the look either.

Top Bottom