• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Well, I need something that is small enough for summer carry.

I'd like to be 9mm and a single stack or a thin doublestack. Ideas?

How are the Kel tec PF9 pistols?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

As far as thin double stacks go, you may want to look at the SR9 or SR9c. Exceptionally thin pistols, barely more so than a single stack.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    The Ruger SR9c is a thin double stack that you might want to try out. It's much narrower than its specs will lead you to believe because they measure the outside of the ambi safety levers. IMO, the safety levers do not affect carry at all... The thickness of the grip does, and it is pretty thin.

ETA- Dang, Joe beat me to it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Khar CW 9 is one of the thinest 9 mm out there and allot better gun than the Kel-Tec for not much more money.

I've not shot those, but they sure do feel nice in the hand!!! Grip is long enough to hang onto, also, without being overly long.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kel tecs bring out some venom from others' experiences, but my PF9 has been reliable with the 100+ hollow points that I've ran through it.
    Mine was assembled in '09 from what I can find about the s/n.
    It's has a thin grip. And the relatively light weight makes for limited range firing. It isn't especially accurate or fun to shoot. But it is relliable and a decent value.
    the Taurus 709 is the only other peer.
    There's a Rohrburg (sp?) Out there that is a premium pocket pistol but I've never seen them and they cost 3-5x more.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

I'm very happy with my PF9 and will never give it up. It is small and reliable. Easy to carry in the pocket with a variety of pocket holsters designed to conceal and make for safe carry.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Khar CW 9 is one of the thinest 9 mm out there and allot better gun than the Kel-Tec for not much more money.

Although I have not shot one of these I own a Kahr PM45. Kahr makes a fine pistol. I would always recommend a Kahr simply based on the one I own and others I have shot. A very smooth operating reliable machine.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I have read, though I won't swear to it, that the magazine safety is designed to be user deactivated if it is so desired.

It does in fact have a very simple to remove Mag DC. It takes all of about a minute to remove or replace using nothing but a paperclip or bobby pin or similar tool. I consider it like offering different models with or without mag DC's... it's just more of a do-it-yourselfer. Where are you located? I have both a SR9 and a SR9c.

Top Bottom