• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    Well I have been thinking about this all week so i thought it was time to run this by you guys. My buddy just got a brand new Glock 21 in .45acp. so last weekend I was helping him put some rounds though it. I had never shot the the 21 so I was eager to give it a try, plus i have the XD in .45 so it was nice to get a comparison on the two. I'm not bias on any preticular brand. After putting some rounds though his gun I could help but notice the stinging sensation in the area between my thumb and index finger(grip) , similar to hitting a metal pole with an aluminium baseball bat. Before this outing I was confident on my gun control, but after shooting I am questioning my ability and why I was feeling that pain. I had a good solid two handed grip, so what was causing this?:dunno:

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Old age? Repetition? Obama? It's probably a sore muscle or a nerve that's been over exposed. I used to get something similar in my big toe. They called it Ranger Toe, not much you can do about it.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Thats weird. I remember when I started shooting for the first time, I got a real bad headache. Then the 2nd time I went shooting the same thing happened. I was almost ready to give up on shooting and guns, but decided to give it one more try. 3rd time was a charm because I felt fine. Never had a problem since. (it was an indoor range with poor ventalation so that may have something to do with it.)

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did you notice if the Glock 21 sat higher or lower in your hand compared to your XD? I'm wondering if you're absorbing the recoil with a different area of your hand and it is bothering a nerve.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    FreeLand may be onto something. What it comes down to, are you sure you were shooting apples and apples? Same ammo? Perhaps out of the same box, even? Barrel sizes equal (I'm too lazy to look that up)? And, indeed, how did each fill your hand? You get the jist.

NRA Lifer since 1971

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    that weird feeling was your period starting.

:xmad: I went and looked up what triggers elevated production of estrogen only to find that someone beat me to it.

Try using mechanic gloves and see if they help when you shoot a lot.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's a Glock. It probably blew up a time or two :D

It's got a much different grip than the XD. Possible it was just recoiling into a spot of your hand than you are used to.

Fish609

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The XD has a much smaller handle. The larger Glock handle probably threw you off a bit. It will just take some getting used to. I have tiny hands so I have to deal with it ><

RedDot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Little off topic but still weird physical experience around guns being fired. I was at an outdoor range and the guy next to me shooting some russian handgun (i totally forget the gun and round)..oops but every time he fired my eyeballs shifted and I got disoriented. I have been next to plenty of types of gun being fired but this one just messed with me.

t!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'm guessing all of the blood was rushing to your penis as you were overcome with excitement by shooting one of the finest pistols ever made, therefor causing your loss of feeling in your hand.

I could use purple text, but I didn't.

Top Bottom