• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Thanks again for showing and sharing these videos.

As before, better your guns than mine, but it's good to know they still run just fine.

All Available

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Compared to the other tests the XD looks like it gets wet, but not much mud - looks like it passed the puddle test

Still - good video and thanks for posting

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Compared to the other tests the XD looks like it gets wet, but not much mud - looks like it passed the puddle test

Still - good video and thanks for posting

I should have had FullAuto film me washing it out in the utility sink, the mud that poured out was unbelievable, I was shocked at how much got into the gun, especially inside the magazines.

I can vouch for the fact is was covered in mud, in did land on some branches and not sink, thats why when I picked it up I submerged it and swished it in the thicker stuff just under the surface. It was nasty.

Edit for full disclosure it had approximately 150 rounds thru that day before this test. Total round count approx 2,000 and it has aftermarket Meprolight night sights on it.

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Gotta be a nay sayer here. I understand the torture test here and I understand the backstrap safety on the XD but what I am seeing is very unsafe gun handling. I Know you are a great shot and a fine gun handler but in my opinion, having your finger on the trigger while waving your gun around shaking the mud out of it with a round in the chamber is not a very good representation of proper gun handling. I do thank you for all of your videos as they are very enlightening and show me what kind of a shot I strive to be. My opinion only here, I just wish a little better safety awareness would have been practiced.
    :soapbox:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I understand the torture test here and I understand the backstrap safety on the XD but what I am seeing is very unsafe gun handling. I Know you are a great shot and a fine gun handler but in my opinion, having your finger on the trigger while waving your gun around shaking the mud out of it with a round in the chamber is not a very good representation of proper gun handling. I do thank you for all of your videos as they are very enlightening and show me what kind of a shot I strive to be. My opinion only here, I just wish a little better safety awareness would have been practiced.
    :soapbox:

People have to ***** and complain about something, I suppose. Considering there wasn't anything or anyone for miles in that directions, I suppose I could have accidentally shot a frog or worse yet, a toad!

Trying to hold onto a wet, muddy gun and shake the muck out of the barrel is difficult. Maybe next time I won't shake it, get an obstructed barrel and turn it into a gLock? ala Kaboom!
    :rolleyes:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So...who's the shooter in the vids? Full-auto or Prometheus?
    There are two of us in the video's. :)

I'm the primary shooter in the videos (tall guy with a blue ball cap and cargo pants with tan Marine combat boots). It's my YouTube channel, Sturmgewehre.

The shooter in the video in the first post of this thread is Prometheus.

Last edited:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    There are two of us in the video's. :)

I'm the primary shooter in the videos (tall guy with a blue ball cap and cargo pants with tan Marine combat boots). It's my YouTube channel, Sturmgewehre.

The shooter in the video in the first post of this thread is Prometheus.

I'm extremely jealous. Wish I had your skills, firearms, ammo supply, and time to play!

I'm assuming you're a Jarhead? :patriot:

Top Bottom