• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I saw an add for the XDM 45 in Rifleman Magazine. I gave it a double take to make sure the M was on there. I was going to get another 1911, but I think I will spring for the XDM now!! I cant find a release date yet tho :xmad:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Interesting that they used the "3.8" styling on the XDM45. I'm betting the entire XDM line will get this type of makeover soon.

XDm45.jpg

I've read on a couple different forums that the official unveiling will be at the NRA show May 14-16, with general availability in the 3rd quarter of 2010. But you know how these things go...

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I am psyched about this as well. I've been following the XDm45 rumors since they first surfaced. I will say that a lot of it's success will depend on it holding at least 14+1. People want it to be able to do things the tactical model can't. For me the replaceable backstraps will be nice but the tactical fits just fine as it is. The contours and texture are aesthetically more appealing but really aren't any more functional then the tactical.

If it comes with 14 round magazines or takes the same magazines as the regular XD45 I will buy one. If it does not then I will pass. A 3.8 in .45 would be an interesting offering as well.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    As far as release date, here is a post from the XDtalk thread. Though it is definitely still in the realm of rumors:

rider71 said:
    .45 XDm will be here in May!!
    Noob here, want to say Hi to all!! I was at LaBlanc's Rice Creek Hunting Preserve in Little Falls, MN yesterday for their annual gun fair. They had reps from Springfield there and I questioned them about the XDm .45. I was told that it would be released at the annual NRA meeting and exhibit May 14-16. Both of the reps confirmed this. They seemed pretty excited about it. That is all they would say no matter how many questions I asked. They had a table full of XDs, XDms, 1911s that you could shoot. Of course I took advantage of this!!!

We shall see in less then a month.

nipplehead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    crown point
    If that XDM 45 really going to be 14+1 then it will definitely be worth a look. Otherwise try shooting a HK45 and you will forget about all the others. It really is that good..and nothing will fit your hand better.

rush176

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    I thought I saw one of those at H&H today. Matt said they just got it in. I was also looking at an M&P 45 and he showed me that one too. Felt great in the hand but was over $100 more than the M&P and of course had no rebate.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I saw an add for the XDM 45 in Rifleman Magazine. I gave it a double take to make sure the M was on there. I was going to get another 1911, but I think I will spring for the XDM now!! I cant find a release date yet tho :xmad:

I saw the same ad and I'm saving my pennies to get back on the wagon. The springfield 1911's are so darn expensive these days I'd rather spend the money on a new design with twice the capacity.

I'm going to wait until I read a few of the reviews from the guys who will buy one of these and put a thousand rounds through it right away and torture test the thing. Once it's been out for a little bit and gets a few good reviews, I'm on it.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Kingnereli, You can always trade your XD for the XDm45. I think springfield likes keeping everyone guessing.

I don't know. If I go for one it will probably be an outright purchase. I really like my tactical model. You know me, I probably won't be able to pass up an XDm45. :D

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I saw the same ad and I'm saving my pennies to get back on the wagon. The springfield 1911's are so darn expensive these days I'd rather spend the money on a new design with twice the capacity.

I'm going to wait until I read a few of the reviews from the guys who will buy one of these and put a thousand rounds through it right away and torture test the thing. Once it's been out for a little bit and gets a few good reviews, I'm on it.

I'm sure it will be just as reliable and torturable (I don't think that's a word) as the current XDm's. It isn't a brand new design just a new caliber for a proven handgun.

FlearoyBrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    East Central IN
    I love my XD .45. I have buddies that have XDm .40s and they love them. I can't wait to join them in the XDm club. The whole XD line is good, and the XDms are great!
    I hope that they are out by August so I can get one for my birthday!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The XDM in 45 won't be a new design, but the scale of it will be. When the xd 45acp came out it wasn't built on the same frame as the 9mm or 40. There are a lot of subtle differences in between the 9mm/40 guns and the 45acp guns. You're right that they don't have to reinvent the wheel on this one, but there will be enough differences that I don't want to buy the very first one, even though it'll probably be just fine. I like to read some reviews on new guns before purchasing even though I know they've been tested pretty well already.

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    I saw that exact ad in American Rifleman the other night and did a double-take as well. I don't own a .45 yet, so I will be very interested to see how this little guy performs.

Top Bottom