• MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Bodyguard 380 - 360 View

4-22-20109-54-46AM.png

4-22-20109-55-27AM.png

Looks interesting! It's almost a baby M&P. I can't say I care for the integrated laser... I hate lasers. It would be nice if this were an option you could do away with. It also looks like the button to activate the laser is probably easily depressed while in your pocket leaving our laser on and killing your batteries. Let's hope S&W thought of that... but having two buttons to activate your laser would be kind of pointless. Humm... I wonder how they dealt with this.

Anyway, it looks like the .380 races are off!

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Kinda late to the race don't you think? I don't think glock would benefit from the 25 and 28. Any ideas on dimensions or msrp? If its small maybe, but the LCP and P3AT seem to have that in the bag(and bersa, but its not that small). Hopefully this one wont be outrageously priced, I'm afraid the laser will make it cost too much.

And why not introduce it as an M&P backup??? promote that line, and people with M&Ps may purchase this as well

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Egads, they've priced it similarly to the Kahr P380 and in the same price range as a full sized M&P.

I hope that works out well for them. If sales lack after a while, perhaps they'll introduce one without the laser and drop it by $100 to $150.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Egads, they've priced it similarly to the Kahr P380 and in the same price range as a full sized M&P.

I hope that works out well for them. If sales lack after a while, perhaps they'll introduce one without the laser and drop it by $100 to $150.

Nobody pays MSRP. ;) "Street" price should be somewhere around $460-470.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I was just checking out pocket sized guns, for when I want to CC in the summer. I'm kind of leaning towards the Sig since I love the P229 I have had for 3 1/2 years.

Sig P238 - $600+ 3.9" height, 5.5" length
    Seecamp - $800 3.23" height, 4.25" length
    P3AT - $400 3.5" height, 5.2" length
    S&W - $575 4.1" height, 5.25" length

Can probably get each gun at a cheaper price, those are just what popped up on a websearch. Just gotta get out to the local store/shows to hold each in my hand to see how they fit me personally.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    . . . I don't think glock would benefit from the 25 and 28. . .

Glock doesn't sell the 25 or 28 in the U.S. because the 380 caliber counts against them, so to speak, with respect to importation requirements.

And, since they're virtually the same size as the G19/23, 26/27, the G25/28 would likely not be accepted here anyway (since they have no advantage).

The G25/28 are primarily intended for markets that prohibit civilian ownership of firearms chambered in military calibers.

I like the pricepoint at which such a S&W 380 could be available for at retail, especially if the laser is optional. S&W, I hope your listening - optional.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Glock doesn't sell the 25 or 28 in the U.S. because the 380 caliber counts against them, so to speak, with respect to importation requirements.
    I understand that. What I hear a lot of is "Why doesn't glock modify the design slightly and try and rush the 380 market" which is what I was trying to say wouldn't work, it think kel-tec, and ruger have it locked up pretty well.

And, since they're virtually the same size as the G19/23, 26/27, the G25/28 would likely not be accepted here anyway (since they have no advantage).
    Thats what I was trying to get at. I also think there are so many companies going after the 380 market that there will soon be too much supply. I hope for S&W sake this works out, I just wonder if there are too many 380s hitting the market, this one seems to be doing so a bit late.

They are primarily intended for markets that prohibit civilian ownership of firearms chambered in military calibers.
    I know.

:yesway:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Another thing that looks promising about the Smith, in addition to a potential price point lower than the Kahr P380, is its potential for better shootability than the P3AT/LCP designs.

It's hard to say, without holding one, but judging from the 4.1" height, and 11.85 oz weight, it has the potential at least to possibly be as shootable as the P380.

Really tiny pistols have their place, but at some point the ergonomics suffer too much for my taste.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    looks pretty nice i was wondering have you seen them in stores around indy, if so how much are they going for

Top Bottom