• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Picked it up from FedEx this afternoon... Can't figure out why delivery services do most of their home deliveries, especially those requiring a signature, during "work hours", but I digress.

Whole laundry list of stuff done to it, too:

New slide
    New Firing Pin
    -reamed the barrel
    -refitted the barrel (to the new slide)
    -tuned the extractor (to the new slide)
    -polished the barrel feed ramp

And the thing is TIGHT. Very tight. Tight enough that the slide did not want to come off the rails tight.

And filthy. I didn't clean it after the 100 rounds I put through it immediately before shipping... and who knows how many they put through it in Genesco. But it definitely needs a good cleaning.

A buddy and I might head down to Atterbury on Saturday morning; he wants to wring out his new XD45 (4") and I wanna see how this goes.

Updates to be posted...

-J-

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Picked it up from FedEx this afternoon... Can't figure out why delivery services do most of their home deliveries, especially those requiring a signature, during "work hours", but I digress.

Tha'ts because our umbrella of companies aren't that bright... we do a lot of weird stuff. Like work every stinking holiday at FTN (FedEx Trade Networks, my employer), while every other FedEx company is off on holidays... Customs is closed on the federal holidays... there there we are submitting customs paperwork to them so that Express and Ground can move the freight... yet guess what? They are off too!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Tha'ts because our umbrella of companies aren't that bright... we do a lot of weird stuff. Like work every stinking holiday at FTN (FedEx Trade Networks, my employer), while every other FedEx company is off on holidays... Customs is closed on the federal holidays... there there we are submitting customs paperwork to them so that Express and Ground can move the freight... yet guess what? They are off too!

Tell Big Ronn that Jared says howdy.

You do know Big Ronn, right? His name's Ronn...and he's big. Hence Big Ronn.

He's a cool dood. :)

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I missed out what was up that you sent it back to Springfield ?

Hey Allen,

Yeah, you missed a few rant threads...

In short, the firing pin was perforating primers. I had it professionally cleaned out 2x, the third time it happened, I sent it back.

While the perforation of said primers wasn't necessarily a big deal to me, what WAS a big deal was the fact that metal slivers/shavings were being blown back into the firing pin channel and/or being dragged back by the return of the firing pin.

It was these metal shavings/slivers that lead to impediment of travel of the firing pin leading to light strikes...leading to more clicks than bangs.

Should be all better now, though! I hope!

-J-

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Interesting I hadn't heard of one doing that before. Sounds like springfield stepped up to the plate and did a good job on warrenty though. Thats always good to hear.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    That is one thing I love about Springfield. If there is a problem with one of their guns, they will fix on their dime. Most company don't want to mess with you once you have purchased their firearm. Don't get me wrong for the price the EMP is sell for you sould have no problems out of the box, but if you do they will fix their mistake.

Top Bottom