• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    How do you visually identify a 1pin vs 2pin vs 3pin Glock Frame?

I need a new slide stop lever, and want to make sure I order the right part.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    By how many pins are visible going through the frame. If you have light rails on your 19 it is a 3 pin.

I "think" I have an extended slide stop lever if that's what you're after Lars. I can pop it in for you also, just let me know.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    By how many pins are visible going through the frame. If you have light rails on your 19 it is a 3 pin.

I "think" I have an extended slide stop lever if that's what you're after Lars. I can pop it in for you also, just let me know.

I'm guessing this is a 2 Pin gun then.
    g19-left.jpg

And this slide stop has to go.... My thumb rides on it preventing slide lock on empty. The Glock Factory "extended" slide lock doesn't.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    No problem. I just wanted to make sure I acquire the right slide stop. The one on the gun.... sucks.

Lars:

On a G19, there is no difference between the slide stop for the 2-pin and 3-pin frames; only the 2-pin G17/17L/34 slide stop has the "spike limiter".

Bradis stocks factory extended slide stops; I can hook you up when you come see me this w/e for the sights...

glock2619

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    What he said...

He's correct in that the only one you really need to worry about getting mixed up on is the 17's.

I agree-stock is the way to go.

From what I've been told, they developed the 3-pin frames when they developed the .40 guns. As far as I know-you will never find a 2-pin .40 or .357. For ease of manufacturing, they switched all the 9's over eventually to 3-pin frames.

Nice looking 19. The gen 2 19 is what I find on my hip most of the time.

Warwagon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I think that's a Gen 2, there's no finger grooves. 2 pin.

I get all my stuff from glockparts.com. He's a former LEO and has the best pricing I can find. Beats midway and brownell's hands down.

Get the glock tool, and heavier firing pin spring. I'm glad I did.

While you're at it, get the extended mag release. You won't regret it. It really is much easier releasing the mags while shooting something like IPSC or IDPA. Round the corners if you do, they tear up your hand.

Top Bottom