• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    OK, reading the posts around the handgun threads, you see some who would sooner not have a handgun than have a polymer Taurus (24/7, Millennium, Millennium Pro). On the other hand, you see some people who have one, but pretty much keep it to themselves, like it is a dirty little secret. I personally have a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145 and have not had a problem with it yet. Now granted, I only have about 300 rounds through it so far, but not FTF, FTE, no frame self-destruction like they were supposed to be notorius for. I also have a friend that has the .40 cal 24/7 pistol and has had zero problems with his. So, to kick off the thread, if anyone feels brave enough, they can come out of the closet, and admit they own a polymer Taurus. Also, I'm sure the merits (or de-merits) or owning one will probably be discussed, so here we go folks.... :)

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    I have one and i like it a lot. i have a stainless 24/7 pro in .40 cal. 0 probs at all. i am selling it thought to fund a 1911. They are amazing guns thought and i will get another one. i like them much better than the glock, sig pro and several other polymer guns. the grip fits my hand better. i love the repeat striker feature(have not had to use it but its nice to know it has it incase i do get a round that FTF.) as well as the thumb safty and key lock.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    AND IT COMES IN PINK!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.. that gun was the flip switch for me. Never owned one, never even fired one, but the fact that I could get it pre-made in PINK completely made guns ok for me.

I know. I'm broken.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Crystalship, to be honest with you, if I had it to do all over again, I would probably go with a smaller caliber than .45ACP. It becomes somewhat uncomfortable for me to shoot more than 20 or so rounds at the range. The recoil from the .45 Taurus catches me right at the bottom knuckle of my thumb. It inevitably leaves a red abrasive mark. I have shot 9mm, 38sp, 357 mag, and now .45ACP, and the closest I could describe the .45 is to say to me it feels like hot 357 mag loads. I would like to try .40 some day but think I will stay around the 9mm range unless I can find a gun that doesn't hurt in the bigger calibers.
    BTW - Would like to try a Glock .45ACP someday to see if the diferent grip angle helps.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    the rubber grips on the 40 and the bbl placement to your hand kill most of the recoil. i have shot many rounds through mine and never hurt my hand but the 45 doesnt have the rubber grips does it?

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    No, just hard polymer. My friend's .40 24/7 pistol was a breeze. I asked him if he wanted to trade, he told me to take a leap.
    Now still on topic, I do carry mine all the time. I would have no problem putting 5-10 out (basically the entire mag) in a self defense situation (hopefully it would only take one, preferably none). I just get sore putting numerous rounds down range at the gun range. I coundn't imagine going through an entire 50 box in one sitting again (only did that once).

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Sanzo, I don't think that would help. I checked Houge's website after reading your post and the only thing I saw that would fit would be a HandAll or HandAll Jr. The point where the pistol is making contact with my knuckle is at the top of the curve in the backstrap, right underneath the slide, left hand side. It is where the beavertail would be on a 1911.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    never touched their polymer, but having shot a buddie of mine on here has a pt1911 and that thing is a beast. i was definately impressed with their quality vs. price and if i did'nt have my heart set on an m&p i would be getting a 24/7

Big Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Downtown
    Junk

I had a 24/7 pro in 45 acp. The pistol was junk. Failure to feed stovepipe style on every mag. Sent the gun in and they sent back new mags saying that was the problem. Gun is junk and their reputation is ruined in my opinion. Will never by another product from their factory. Just my opinion...:dunno:

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    I have owned 2 24/7's, 9mm and .40 S&W. Never had any problems out of either. I have also put several hundred rounds through a buddies millennium pro pt111 no problems what so ever out of either gun. I have shot an early Taurus millennium pt111 that had a smaller frame and I would occasionally hit the mag release when I fired causing the next round to jamb.

drnorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Taurus

I have a MilPro in 9mm. I had the original PT111 but the trigger was terrible and I sold it to buy my Browning Hi Power. I still liked the format. A friend reintroduced me to the newest version (3) with the new trigger. The problem was solved. I found one locally and bought it. The new one also has the 12 shot mags. 12 + 1 is pretty good in a compact pistol. I am still getting used to the straight 8 sights. I might put night sights on it. I have about 300 rounds through it without a problem.

Don

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    One of my son's friends bought a 24/7 in 9MM a few weeks ago when he was home on leave from Iraq. The dealer gave him an impressive deal on it and said he was just thanking him for his service.

We took it to the range and ran between 300 and 400 rounds through it. No failures of any kind. It's not as accurate as my Ruger, but it has minute of bad guy's vitals at 25 yards. For what he paid, I believe it was well worthy it.

Foxtrot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have a PT140 Millennium in .40 S/W. It has ben my constant carry gun this summer. Nice little gun. Trigger is a little differant to get used to. I shoot well with it and trust it in a fight. Oh, and Pami the recoil is not bad BTW. Fits in my fanny pack just right.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    +1 3rd Gen MilPro PT145.

I've shot around 700 through mine. Doesn't like Blazer but eats everything else I've put through it. Was hard to get used to the straight eight heine sights but I persevered. The recoil is no problem for me.

Do I like being able to appendix carry 11 rounds of .45acp in a cheap, concealable, reliable package? You betcha!

Top Bottom