• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josey Wales

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    a friend of mine bought a ruger SR9 right when they came out, it is an awesome gun in my opinion, i know some of u are tired of hearing about glocks, honestly i used to despise glocks and then some how i started buying them and now i want more, anyway, SR9 or Glock​

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    It's really impossible to answer because in the end it all comes down to personal preference. The Glock 17 would be the model that would be the same capacity and probably general size as the SR9, so that's what I would compare it to. I would say you would have way more options with Glocks after the purchase with holsters, inexpensive mags, and various other aftermarket products. But you should check out both pistols and (if you can), shoot both and decide which one fits you best. Also just so I don't seem to biased, you could check out the XD in 9mm. It falls in a similar category as well as the S&W MP.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'm a Glock owner (1 gun of many), but recognize the design could use a little updating in terms of the ergonomics and slimming things down a bit, IMO. Some of the newer polymer designs attempt to address those points; Ruger, S&W M&P etc.

BTW, is your friend aware of the recall on the SR9?

No gun is without tradeoffs.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    No gun is without tradeoffs.

They have hidden them very well in my XD... still looking, though!;)

Glocks and SR9 were on my comparison list before last handgun purchase. I consider them fine arms from similar families. I don't think you can go wrong with the options you are comparing in these threads. Lemons are few and far between (but they do happen) in these families. :twocents:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I hate the glocks, the SR9 is currently under recall due to malfunction with the safety but shouldn't be any big deal to have Ruger fix. I love my p345 and the hk and S&W semi-auto pistol are nice too.

Top Bottom