• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josey Wales

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    also just last week, i went to the gun store to buy the new Springfield Armory XD tactical with the longer barrel, but it was just a lot bigger than i expected, and chose to go with the Glock 23, anyone think i made a mistake, just wanted opinions

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    If you like the Glock then you didn't make a mistake, and if you're satisfied with the performance of any gun for that matter then that's all that counts.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'll preface by saying I like the XD pistols.

I also think I would buy a Glock over an XD. Commonality of parts (holsters, Mag carriers, sights), availability of armorers, and parts, and a track record of reliability for a fairly low overall price (Under $500 most places) make for a winner.

I prefer HK Pistols to Glock Pistols. That said I traded my Hk for a Glock due to the reasons listed above.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I carry an XD, but I would carry a Glock, too. Both are reliable, IMHO, and you should pick the one that fits you best.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    also just last week, i went to the gun store to buy the new Springfield Armory XD tactical with the longer barrel, but it was just a lot bigger than i expected, and chose to go with the Glock 23, anyone think i made a mistake, just wanted opinions

No, you did not make a mistake. Like most of us not all, you'll have many different guns. While the XD is a very good gun ( don't tell Crystalship1 I said that ) :laugh: if for whatever reason it doesn't work for you get what does. I don't know how many guns you have had but Glock is a good gun to start with or just to have.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You may be haunted by "what if..." until you borrow or rent an XD tactical and shoot with it. Then you will be able to quiet the voices in your head or decide to buy one and add to the collection.:yesway:

if the voices never go away, seek professional help or become a moderator:D

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    I'm gonna have to agree with Scutter, I carry the XD, and I would carry a Glock. Both are fantastic firearms, I just like my XD better. I actually "felt up" the competition, thanks to a true gun guy. Me: I'll be picking up that Glock 23 please. Him: First one?
    Me: Yep. Him: Here, try this, now this, now this...so on... so, what will it be? Me:
    I'll take that XD 40 please. :) Carry/own what you want, even if its not a big name.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I think you just made the biggest mistake of your life. The XD's are so much fun to shoot and they never blow up in your hands like the Glock.

I may be a little bit biased.

kevinm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Charlestown
    I have a xd 40 glock 20 and 17 love them all BUT my m&p 9 takes them hands down, when I held the m&p I new it was love at first feel. now the bashing will start.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have a xd 40 glock 20 and 17 love them all BUT my m&p 9 takes them hands down, when I held the m&p I new it was love at first feel. now the bashing will start.

I also have an M&P, but its the compact .40. Have to agree that is feels great.

I also have an XD45 that doesn't get out of the safe that often anymore. But when it does come out, I have to admit my first thought is "damn that's a big gun!"

Top Bottom