• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If you can at all afford it, i reccomend to bump up to the M and P, or XD or glock.... you will have MUCH less headache for not much more money... ease of finding holsters, mags sights and other things are much easier, and they are more reliable. not knocking the guys who own one and like it, they CAN be nice guns, i am just giving words of caution before you go that route.
    BUT, new 350-390, used 275-325 depending on what all it comes with.

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    From what I have heard they are like numerous other firearms hit or miss. I have a sw9ve and have not had one problem out of it. But some who have them complain about horrible triggers. I like the platform and ease of takedown, and have had great accuracy out of the one I have. :twocents:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I had a VE 9mm for a while. Sold it back in the day when I sold off all my automatics for revolvers. One of the best automatic pistols out there for the money in my opinion, but the extra money for a M&P is money well spent. :)

Indygunworks speaks the truth on Holsters, mags and sites, you can find them but there not as common as most.

Good gun for the money, but my recommendation is to save and get the M&P. If that isnt an option than by all means, the Sigma is one of the better budget automatics.

Other recommendations include the Ruger family of automatics.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i had a sigma 9ve up until recently. 1000 rounds of all kinds without a single problem. pretty accurate too (and i am definitely no expert). my only complaint was the trigger, but you can fix it or just break it in.

dont get me wrong, i like my glocks a lot more, but i dont regret buying a sigma at all.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Anything under $300 is a good price for a new one. A couple years ago they were giving $50 rebates and free magazines, so factor that in when buying used. I wouldn't pay more than $325 new, blue.

For the money it and the Ruger "P" series are in a class by themselves.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The S&W Sigma series is a copy of the Glock pistol. S&W lost their lawsuit to Glock and pays Glock every time they sell one. It does not have the interchangeability with parts that the Glock pistols have. It's a good cheap gun, but most of the people that I know who bought one has since sold it and never looked back. :cool:

If you have the extra $$, I would suggest that you ante up a bit and buy a Glock, a Springfield XD (especially their new XD-M 3.8), a Ruger SR-9(c) or an M&P. :twocents:

JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    I believe everything said here is a fact. Its not a bad pistol by any stretch of the imagination. It has a hard trigger, most hate that, I like it.

From what I understand they had a lot of problems originally and it made a bad name for it self. From my understanding they have worked all these out. Ive owned my .40VE sigma for over a year and havent had any problems. Its comparable to the glocks ive owned. Granted Ive never thrown them in mudd/sand/atomic waste and tried shooting it but it fairs well. Its a nice starter gun. Its light, ammo is cheap, it's easy to clean.

Mine was listed at gander mountain for $450 but youd be a fool to pay that. You can pick one up new for $+-300. If your interested in the .40 ive been thinking about selling mine. You can PM me if your interested.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I own one and for the money it has really been a pleasure for me, no failures and fun to shoot. Downside it is a bit large to carry and has a bad trigger. On the plus side no one at the range will be dying to shoot it. Takedown and cleaning are simple, and as a truck gun it is about perfect.

Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for all the info. A coworker was trying to sell me one for 350 that he got when they first came out. Only shot 10 times. But with all that has been said I think I will pass and just keep my little 38. I like it and can hit what I aim at.:D

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have been looking around at this gun, most of the places around here seem to be $399 or $379 for the SW9VE. I know that 21st Centry had it listed for $329 on their homepage but when I actually went there they said that was not a good price and you cant go by their homepage. Im not quite sure why you would even keep the page up at all if its outdated and useless.

Does anyone know where you can pick one up for $300 or under? I am willing to drive, I liked the feel of the gun. Problem is the rebate is no longer valid, I wonder if they are going to redo that or not.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I picked my 9VE up when it was 50 off AND 2 free magazines. So I paid under 300 and got 4 magazines.

I own a g17 and obviously the 9ve. I am more accurate with the sigma. The sigma has ate everything I have fed it. However, my glock hates wolf.

You are more than welcome to shoot both if you make it up to the westside ever.

jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    I have a Sigma 9mm and have never had a problem with it.. I carry regulary mainly because I am a good shot with it... The only thing that i want to do is put a different trigger or spring or combination.. Other than that it has been a reliable gun with right around 500 rounds through it.. I clean it and oil it every time I shoot it.. Been a great gun... no problems what so ever.... especially for the price..

Top Bottom