• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josey Wales

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    i hear all this talk about Hk's, i have shot a couple of em and didnt think they were all they are cracked up to be, i feel like people are paying for a name, just my opinion, sorry HK lovers, no offense

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    HK's suck, not worth the tin cans and plastic bottles they are made of. Only a fool would spend that kind of money for a hunk of worthless crap.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    i hear all this talk about Hk's, i have shot a couple of em and didnt think they were all they are cracked up to be, i feel like people are paying for a name, just my opinion, sorry HK lovers, no offense

Umm ok - go pick up a taurus/hi point/lorcin....

Have a good time;)

ETA: No offense taken, you're entitled to your opinion

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Personally I think anyone who buys a handgun based on the popularity level or how cool they think it looks is a fool. Buying brand name I can understand because it may have a long history of dependability.

If the weapon fits your hand comfortably and it goes bang when you aim it and pull the trigger then great! More importantly that it works when yours or the life of a loved one depends on it.

Besides the BG's won't give a tinkers damn what you just shot him with, or how much it cost you to purchase.

:twocents: :yesway: :cool:

:popcorn:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am not a huge fan of plastic HKs. They are decent, but I feel I can get a gun equal or better elsewhere for less.

I, however, LOVE the P7 series. Best damn handgun HK ever made. They are just really pricey (as is normal for everything HK).

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I have to say something here because it's been bothering me for a while.

"HK's are Damn Expensive" You hear it a lot.
    The USP and P2000 line of pistols both sell on average for $550 - $650 from CDNN New. The P30 and HK45 (their two newest Plastic Fantastics) sell for ~ $700 - $750 new from CDNN. P7(PSP) pistols used are $599-$699 depending on grade. P7M8 Pistols run $800-$1500 depending on grade. P7M13's are rare and run ~ $2200

Nearly EVERY Kimber starts at $850 and goes up from there. And in the realm of 1911 pistols Kimbers suck.

A $2500 1911 is par for the course for a "Good" off the shelf pistol.

Custom 1911's can be > $4000

How is a $550 - $800 pistol "Damn Expensive?" Glocks retail new at just a few dollars shy of $500 now ($480 on the low end many places, as much as $550 others)

I'm not saying that I like paying HK's prices. But honestly, if you buy a gun, with the intent on carrying it for the next 5, 10, 25 years? What difference is $75-150 really?

For what it's worth, Sig Sauer pistols are no less expensive than the HK Pistols. They are every bit as high quality, and you rarely hear people bitching about their prices. I honestly think many Glock Guys just have HK Envy. ;)

Full Disclosure... I've owned 2 HK pistols. I write this to you with a Glock 19 strapped to my belt. ;)

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have to say something here because it's been bothering me for a while.

"HK's are Damn Expensive" You hear it a lot.
    The USP and P2000 line of pistols both sell on average for $550 - $650 from CDNN New. The P30 and HK45 (their two newest Plastic Fantastics) sell for ~ $700 - $750 new from CDNN. P7(PSP) pistols used are $599-$699 depending on grade. P7M8 Pistols run $800-$1500 depending on grade. P7M13's are rare and run ~ $2200

Nearly EVERY Kimber starts at $850 and goes up from there. And in the realm of 1911 pistols Kimbers suck.

A $2500 1911 is par for the course for a "Good" off the shelf pistol.

Custom 1911's can be > $4000

How is a $550 - $800 pistol "Damn Expensive?" Glocks retail new at just a few dollars shy of $500 now ($480 on the low end many places, as much as $550 others)

I'm not saying that I like paying HK's prices. But honestly, if you buy a gun, with the intent on carrying it for the next 5, 10, 25 years? What difference is $75-150 really?

For what it's worth, Sig Sauer pistols are no less expensive than the HK Pistols. They are every bit as high quality, and you rarely hear people bitching about their prices. I honestly think many Glock Guys just have HK Envy. ;)

Full Disclosure... I've owned 2 HK pistols. I write this to you with a Glock 19 strapped to my belt. ;)

The SIG classic series is about as expensive as the new HKs. Difference being that the SIGs are made of machined aluminum, not injection molded plastic. So I wouldn't compare the two as the SIG should cost more.

Compared to Glocks, XDs, M&Ps, the new HKs (P30 and HK45) are about $300+ more expensive.

I wouldn't say Kimbers or Springfields suck as far as 1911s go. They are decent solid pistols. $2500 for a good off the shelf 1911? Who are you talking to to get that? Yeah $2500 will land you a hella nice 1911, but really, my $850 NIB Springfield is so friggin good I quit carrying Glocks because it proved to be just as reliable and a better shooter than the dozen or so Glocks I have owned over the years.

As for full custom 1911s, well that doesn't even need to be mentioned. That is like comparing a MotoGP bike to a GS500.

So, yes, I feel HKs are overpriced for what you get. Again comparing HK's new guns, they are a good 50-75 percent more expensive than it's other polymer framed competition.

It isn't just their pistols, their rifle pricing is even worse.

But to some people, those guys in the ninja gear in the ads get them every time. ;)

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    I have bought 2 glocks and five HKs this past year. Yes, I paid more for my HKs than my Glocks. Yes, my glocks are good pistols (although my 19 gave me a few problems early on [I must have had that 1 in a million]). The P7 series is great, my German police trade it is one of my favorite guns for sure. However, I also love my HK45 and 45C. They were not cheap nor were their magazines (I've spent about $600 just in magazines). However, I prefer the way the feel in my hand, the way they shoot, and they are more accurate for me than my glocks are. No one feature makes them "worth it" over the other options. However, the total package that I got for my money was one that I felt was worth it.

I can relate to the OP's feelings that shooting one did meet the expectations he had based on all the good things he had heard about them. I have had that feeling with other guns (the Browning HP and my first 1911) when I had heard so much hype about them online before I shot them the first time. I find that it takes a while with a gun shooting, cleaning, carrying, etc. before I get a good sense of whether that gun meets my expectations.

Its great we have options

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I own a Glock, S&W, Taurus, and two HKs. I gave my dad my S&W and my glock and taurus sit in my gun safe. My two HKs are the guns that I prefer. Why? I have had my glock jam on more than one occasion. To be fair, my glock has never jammed on me - it has jammed on people that I believe were shooting it with a limp wrist. Two times were stove pipes and one time it completely failed to eject. Was it the gun's fault? I don't think so. With that being said - am I willing to trust my life or the life of my family to a gun that I have witnessed fail more than once? Absolutely not.

As for my HKs. I have never seen either one of my HKs fail to properly cycle a spent round. They are more comfortable in my hand and shoot better than any gun I have ever shot.

Do I think HKs are expensive? Yup. No argument there. It's a matter of what people are more comfortable with and how much they are willing to spend...

Josey Wales

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    i really like that quote, i only wish that all of these tree huggin, hippie wannabe, Barack Obama lovin morons would read it and think for a sec

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    I used to one a couple of USPs until economics forced me to sell them. One of my biggest regrets. Of all the pistols I've owned, I wish I still had the Glock 19 and my USPs back. I don't miss any of the others.

Well, I kind of actually liked the 24/7 I had too. I just always had in the back of my mind all the things I'd heard about Taurus' customer service and reliability.

Plus, extra mags for both the 24/7 and the USPs cost quite a bit more than Glock 19 mags. Hence the reason the 19 will be the main one I replace now that I'm economically on much better ground.

Top Bottom