• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I am thinking about getting a Walther P22. Any experience or comments about this gun.

I want to buy one that comes with two barrels and i believe they come with a threaded barrel for a silencer.

I think I am going to set one up with a silencer just for using on the farm around the livestock. It will also allow me to shoot without disturbing the neighbors and what the heck, silencers are just fun.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    you have to buy a different barrel nut to run a suppressor, but it's not that much. I have a p22 and love it. Very fun little gun

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have had a P22 for a few years now. It shoots well. I bought the works, suppressor and laser. It is a fun pistol to shoot. It is a pain to take apart and put back together.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have had a P22 for a few years now. It shoots well. I bought the works, suppressor and laser. It is a fun pistol to shoot. It is a pain to take apart and put back together.

I had a minor freak-out on the last cleaning when I couldn't find the guide-rod for the spring to reassemble the slide. Not a big fan of guns that require special tools to reassemble.

That said, I love my P22. :)

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    They are kind of hit or miss in their reliability (we see a TON of them at the range). Some will feed damn near everything, some will only feed a specific kind of ammo. I prefer the more fullsize target gun .22s (some can cost the same or even less than a P22), but the P22 can be a fun little plinker.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I recently sold mine... I bought it used, ran a few thousand rounds through it...

The ONLY problems that I ever had were trying to shoot uncoated/jacketed Lead Round Nose projectiles through a dirty gun. About 3x every mag they'd jam on the feed ramp.

I fed mine Remington bulk pack stuff almost exclusively; and only 50 CCI Stingers. Mine REALLY came alive with the Stingers.

Re-assembly CAN be a pain... The one I bought didn't come with the spring alignment tool; I just used a small screwdriver to help keep the spring from springing. Worked just fine.

Buy one with confidance, they're fun. And once you buy the P-22, feel free to step up and buy the P-99, too.

-J-

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I bought a p22 from a fellow INGO member, shot it once and liked it so much I got another one in a trade with another fellow INGO'er.. I have both barrels, a laser. Also have a can on order for swapping around on all my rimfire plinkers.

I pulled one apart to do my dry lube deal, lost the freaking slide release spring...:rolleyes: I hear Walther/Smith customer service is top notch, I'll find out pretty soon..

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am thinking about getting a Walther P22. Any experience or comments about this gun.

I want to buy one that comes with two barrels and i believe they come with a threaded barrel for a silencer.

I think I am going to set one up with a silencer just for using on the farm around the livestock. It will also allow me to shoot without disturbing the neighbors and what the heck, silencers are just fun.

I've had decent luck with mine. Be careful about the rear sight, its very flimsy.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I hooked up with BG Firearms and am getting a P22 and a Gemtech Outback II. Can't wait until the paperwork is done and I can get the two home to try out.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I picked up my P22 from Beech Grove Firearms today. I got to look at and hold the Outback II but only got to bring home the paperwork to transfer it to me.

I ran 100 rounds of old CCI through the P22 and it functioned flawlessly.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I recently sold mine... I bought it used, ran a few thousand rounds through it...

The ONLY problems that I ever had were trying to shoot uncoated/jacketed Lead Round Nose projectiles through a dirty gun. About 3x every mag they'd jam on the feed ramp.

I fed mine Remington bulk pack stuff almost exclusively; and only 50 CCI Stingers. Mine REALLY came alive with the Stingers.

Re-assembly CAN be a pain... The one I bought didn't come with the spring alignment tool; I just used a small screwdriver to help keep the spring from springing. Worked just fine.

Buy one with confidance, they're fun. And once you buy the P-22, feel free to step up and buy the P-99, too.

-J-
    I ran some lead, round nosed Wildcat through it and it shot fine, but it was some of the first stuff I ran through it. It definitely liked the Stingers and Mini-Mags though. :draw:

I polished down the square edge on the feed ramp -> barrel, hopefully that helps.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I bought the air pistol holster for my P22 from Walmart after reading a tip in another thread. The holster was around $8.00 and is great to use with this pistol for range use or outdoor activities.

Shot over 100 rounds and everything worked great. Groupings were OK but a little low and a little left. Figured that is me getting used to the trigger on this gun. I would recommend this as a 22 plinker pistol for anyone.

ALman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I have the P22 with the barrel weight. It is accurate and I haven't had any reliability issues with it. The only thing I don't like is the trigger system. Try one before you buy it. With the hammer cocked, the SA trigger is fine. Also, the safety does not decock the hammer. The Beretta 87 is much nicer, but comes at higher price though.

Good luck

Kevin

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I had a minor freak-out on the last cleaning when I couldn't find the guide-rod for the spring to reassemble the slide. Not a big fan of guns that require special tools to reassemble.

That said, I love my P22. :)

I never use that tool. Same goes for the wife's Springfield EMP, never use the gidgets and gadgets. ;)

I love the P22 and it's a lot easier to assemble than my ruger mark II. I haven't broken that thing down in years. It sucks.

Top Bottom