• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Does anyone here have the SR9, or has anyone fired one?

I have one, but I don't have my permit yet, so I can't take it anywhere to fire it. Most of the reviews I have read (post-recall) have been good. The biggest complaint seems to have been the heavy trigger pull. There have been a few bad reviews, too.

I am so anxious to shoot the thing!

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEUE5k0RJCo]YouTube - Shooting the Ruger SR9 Part 1: Ruger Got It Right[/ame]

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    That guy in the video is a tool with incredibly sloppy gun handling. I love it how he informs us before he shoots that everything will probably go left. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up shooting himself one day.

rmcrob let us know how that Ruger works out for you!

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I have shot an SR9 and did not like it personally. I thought that it had a really gritty feeling trigger. My friend on the other hand loved it, actually he still loves it cuz he still has it. I also don't like how much the loaded chamber indicator stick up and the safety was very stiff too.:twocents: but like I said, my buddy loves it.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    The one I shot had a decent trigger (for a Ruger) but the slide had the normal Ruger clank, almost like a hi-point. I did shoot a fairly tight group at 25' though. I probably wouldn't buy one but it was ok to shoot.

Josey Wales

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    dont listen to that recall BS, SR9 is a very very good gun, maybe top 3 best out right now, stright shooter and 17+1 isnt bad either. many tests have been run on this gun. guns and ammo shot 30,000 rounds in 2 days through a few of them without any foul up. again, you made a great choice

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    That guy in the video is a tool with incredibly sloppy gun handling. I love it how he informs us before he shoots that everything will probably go left. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up shooting himself one day.

rmcrob let us know how that Ruger works out for you!

Yes he is. Loaded and waving it around like that. Hopefully he was out there alone. Is that a striker fired pistol?:)

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    dont listen to that recall BS, SR9 is a very very good gun, maybe top 3 best out right now, stright shooter and 17+1 isnt bad either. many tests have been run on this gun. guns and ammo shot 30,000 rounds in 2 days through a few of them without any foul up. again, you made a great choice

Ummm...... I hope you don't mean for people to ignore the recall itself. Anybody who has one needs to make sure it's either not involved in the recall or has been re-fitted with new parts by Ruger. :yesway:
    :cheers:

Top Bottom