• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRLREDY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So I find myself torn and could use some opinions on pros and cons. Looking to get a USP in .40 just can't decide on compact or regular. It won't be a carry weapon so size in that aspect isn't an issue. In the full size flavor I'm kinda partial to the Custom Combat with the OD frame. On the other hand, I've always been partial to compact frame pistols. Any thoughts, concerns, comments will be greatly appreciated. Also would like to add that I love this forum. I've been lurking around for a while but this is my first post. Thanks again....One more thing, where locally(I live in Indy) do you all think would have the best prices/selection and be willing to take in a trade?

Last edited:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Welcome aboard...

I favor the compact .40, carry it every day..Great shooter.. But.. I don't have much time behind a full size USP..

I plan on heading out to "a" range this weekend.. No time or place set in stone yet but if you're around the Indy area I'll let you shoot my .40 as much as you can afford ammo for..

I'll be playing with my fleet of rimfire lead slingers..:rockwoot:

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have had both and ended up with the compact for carry purposes. If your just looking for something to shoot, then go with the fullsize. It will be a little more comfortable and little more accurate.
    Matt

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I own a USP .40 - it's the gun I have set up for home defense (I outfitted it with a Streamlight TLR-2). I carried it daily for a long time, but with the flashlight it is too large to carry now. I have always love the USPc, but now am leaning towards a P2000sk or HK45c. If you aren't gonna carry, the USP is an awesome range gun. For concealed carry - the P7M8 is the ticket (just my opinion)

TRLREDY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks again for the replies. I have no intentions of carrying this particular pistol(when ever I finally get it). The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards a full size usp. Guess I need to make my mind up....or has it already been made and I'm just second guessing myself?:dunno:

Top Bottom