Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Let's say Saturday...
    I'm going to be on the lookout for you this time.

Last year I think I spotted you making use of a sand barrel, but wasn't too sure it was you.

Owner at Bobcat Armament

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Let's say Saturday. Let's say I give you money and you give the sweet, sweet lowers. Let's say I fill out a form and totally rock it.
    We can help you there, sure. Shoot me a PM and we'll get you in the books.
    Bobcat Armament
    1632 E State Road 44
    Shelbyville, Indiana 46176
    317-699-6127

Open Tuesdays-Saturdays 11AM-6PM

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Last year I think I spotted you making use of a sand barrel, but wasn't too sure it was you.
    Being responsible with firearms? That sounds like me.
    Civil forfeiture: steal from the poor, give to the corrupt.

I have fond memories of attending the 1500 back in the 80's when still young. I haven't been for a while, this may be a good time to take a look to see how things have changed. I am close, so the drive is nothing for me, just a few bucks to park and get in the door.

I never understood the people that ***** about $5 to park and $12 to get in. You can spend a half a day or more looking at cool stuff.....that's cheap entertainment in my book.

So $17 to park and get in...if that hurts you from a financial point, maybe you should put off buying that expensive item until you can afford it.

It's the same old people that having been *****ing for years every time the Indy 1500 comes around....my advise to those people, is don't go to the 1500 or any other gun show if it stresses you out that much. Your life will be much more peaceful.

Plinker
    When I posted the original ?, I never dreamed it would turn into a 4 page thread. I also didn't know so many people seem to hate the show. If you want to keep going to the same store fine, but why not go a show with many dealers at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradsknives View Post
    I never understood the people that ***** about $5 to park and $12 to get in. You can spend a half a day or more looking at cool stuff.....that's cheap entertainment in my book.

So $17 to park and get in...if that hurts you from a financial point, maybe you should put off buying that expensive item until you can afford it.

It's the same old people that having been *****ing for years every time the Indy 1500 comes around....my advise to those people, is don't go to the 1500 or any other gun show if it stresses you out that much. Your life will be much more peaceful.
    I fully agree! I hate to see posts in a thread where all they pretty much say is "I ain't goin'! It ain't worth my precious time. I went once 15 years ago and I couldn't find any $1,000 guns for tewnny bucks! It's a rip off and I ain't parking in the hood.".
    I think those people are just afraid to actually leave their house and experience the word. $17 isn't very much for an afternoon or even a whole day of looking, touching and interacting. I spend a lot of time chatting with my friends there. Some are dealers and some are just people I know.
    Dan

I drive up to the show 2-3 times a year and it's close to 5 1/2 hours round trip. I enjoy walking around, looking at new stuff, and picking up at least some ammo, targets, and some accessories. Lots of times it's seeing the item that reminds me I was needing one. Yes, it is disappointing if I don't find a great bargain on some used gun I want. But what the heck.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

My kids and I go almost every show. They love walking around looking at all the cool stuff. As noted above, its super cheap entertainment for a fun day. Especially cool since my kids are into it and getting old enough to enjoy shooting sports. The last few shows I didnt go for anything particular and always com home with a backpack full of cool stuff.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Sharpshooter
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer302 View Post
    My kids and I go almost every show. They love walking around looking at all the cool stuff. As noted above, its super cheap entertainment for a fun day. Especially cool since my kids are into it and getting old enough to enjoy shooting sports. The last few shows I didnt go for anything particular and always com home with a backpack full of cool stuff.
    Last year I didn't plan on walking out with much. So by the time I left I walked out with a custom order holster for my 225, 500 rounds of 38 special, 3 boxes of hollows, and an EMP. The wife was giving me the eye, until she opened her Christmas gift of a blue handle Kimber revolver. All good now!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast