Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Not a flipper Itchytriggerfinger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger81 View Post
    I was extremely let down by this show. Went there with a list of things to buy and all I walked out with was chocolate for the wife. If I wanted an antique gun, reman ammo, a holster or anything else overpriced from what I can buy online, this was the time to go. However, the lady selling the holsters with the low cut shirt and boobs pushed up made the trip worth it!
    Just saw this post. My teenage son was VERY interested in her product.

Hi, I am a Tacticooler LoneRanger81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchytriggerfinger View Post
    Just saw this post. My teenage son was VERY interested in her product.
    I am sure it didn't hurt her sales either. Of course, let's be honest, she knew exactly what she was doing when getting dressed that day.
    Thoughts that go through my head when thinking about firearms:

• That is cool, how can I get one?
    • How can I buy this without my wife knowing?
    • She would think it is OK if I bought her jewelry, right?
    • Screw it, I will come up with an excuse later.

I am sure it didn't hurt her sales either. Of course, let's be honest, she knew exactly what she was doing when getting dressed that day.
    You know, I wore a tank top, and Daisy Duke shorts to a show once, and I think it cost me sales.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

Knifeholic
    Quote Originally Posted by 42769vette View Post
    You know, I wore a tank top, and Daisy Duke shorts to a show once, and I think it cost me sales.

I was extremely let down by this show. Went there with a list of things to buy and all I walked out with was chocolate for the wife. If I wanted an antique gun, reman ammo, a holster or anything else overpriced from what I can buy online, this was the time to go. However, the lady selling the holsters with the low cut shirt and boobs pushed up made the trip worth it!
    Violation of protocol to make such a post without photographic evidence!

Quote Originally Posted by 42769vette View Post
    This one we'll let slide without a picture......Thought alone scary. lol

Plinker
    I like to go to look. I find the prices are too high on used guns, many times new or greater than new parts.
    Last time I went for AR parts and they were cheap Chinese stuff.

Plinker
    I haven't been to the 1500 but plan to attend. My experience with gun shows is most are overpriced and it's best to note the dealer and their location then go visit them after the show. Hopefully the next show will be well worth the fees to get in the door.

The eye candy mentioned above wouldn't be bad to glance but wouldn't entice a purchase from me. I look at it as a distraction to the inflated prices. A great distraction might I add!

I've been to the Indy1500 twice & can't remember ever buying anything there = Nothing, Overpriced gear marked way beyond market value. It was a complete waste of time & gas. Won't ever go again, You have to note that it's a 230 mile round trip for me & the next show is the same weekend as National Gun Day, a Bigger Better show five minutes from my house. They should look into when other shows are and schedule there's at least on the next weekend so they might get more vendors & patrons, just saying.. It's like around here they have a gunshow the same weekend as the machine gun shoot & no one is there, Wonder why? They are all at KCR buying heaps of cheep military goods & ammo & shooting the whole weekend & a half dozen folks that don't know go to the other gunshow.. Of course the guys at that show are pissed & want their money back..
    It's like a total loss for everyone, all they have to do is look on the internet as we all do..

This rant is in memory to my ole buddy "Mean Marcus" RIP Who went with me to over 300+ Gunshows in the past

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2