Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Went to INDY 1500 Gun & Knife Show

First time going to the INDY 1500 Gun & Knife Show. I went on Saturday not knowing what to expect. Everyone was really nice and friendly. Asked a lot of questions and got really good answers. Like most gun shows many dealers did not like to haggle with price to much. So it was definitely wise to walk around the whole facility before purchasing. Overall it was a good experience and a good time to meet new people and learn about gun companies in the area. I even bought myself a Glock 17 gen 4.

Always to many people and no room to haggle...although most years was under the Obama Admn....not sure how it was this go round!?

The last few shows have had smaller crowds and if you go on Sundays, many sellers are willing to haggle on price.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    First time going to the INDY 1500 Gun & Knife Show. I went on Saturday not knowing what to expect. Everyone was really nice and friendly. Asked a lot of questions and got really good answers. Like most gun shows many dealers did not like to haggle with price to much. So it was definitely wise to walk around the whole facility before purchasing. Overall it was a good experience and a good time to meet new people and learn about gun companies in the area. I even bought myself a Glock 17 gen 4.
    Some dealers leave haggle room in their price, some do not. It never hurts to try, but with me for instance, you could try for 2 hours, and you have wasted both of our time. The flip side is Im priced well below amazon, so its obvious why I dont haggle.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

Hi, I am a Tacticooler LoneRanger81's Avatar
    I was extremely let down by this show. Went there with a list of things to buy and all I walked out with was chocolate for the wife. If I wanted an antique gun, reman ammo, a holster or anything else overpriced from what I can buy online, this was the time to go. However, the lady selling the holsters with the low cut shirt and boobs pushed up made the trip worth it!
    Thoughts that go through my head when thinking about firearms:

• That is cool, how can I get one?
    • How can I buy this without my wife knowing?
    • She would think it is OK if I bought her jewelry, right?
    • Screw it, I will come up with an excuse later.

I kinda wanted to go to this show since it has been a while, but just couldn't find the time. Not really looking for guns, but ammo, mags, and ammo cans.

Guess I'll have to wait a few more months.

I agree with you LoneRanger81 there was a lot of stuff that was over priced but a few gems in the mud. I felt like I got a good deal on the Glock 17 walking out of there. Biggest thing that sucked was paying for parking and paying $12 a person to get in. A little high in my book but it was somewhat worth it with the purchase and meeting local gun shops. Also seeing some new products and being able to get hands on with those products to see if I like them for future purchases was well worth it.

Plinker
    I had not been to the 1500 in a long time. Small crowd on Friday made it easy to get around and see everything, but fewer vendors than previous shows I'd been to over the years. Maybe the soft market post-election has some of the larger vendors unable to pay back their costs for making the trip to Indy? I did score a great deal on (4) good condition USGI Scepter fuel cans that are difficult to find and always high priced since import of new ones is banned. I have enough now to store or throw in the back of my diesel vehicle and refill tank twice extending range to 3x. At least that major savings paid back my entry fee.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger81 View Post
    I was extremely let down by this show. Went there with a list of things to buy and all I walked out with was chocolate for the wife. If I wanted an antique gun, reman ammo, a holster or anything else overpriced from what I can buy online, this was the time to go. However, the lady selling the holsters with the low cut shirt and boobs pushed up made the trip worth it!
    This last show, was a small one .....

The next one, should be a BIG one .....

In the other bldg., with 3-4 rooms full of "stuff" .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

My go to show now is the September show in Valpo. Fairly close to me and a great time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast