Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    NEGATIVE REP MAGNET Itchytriggerfinger's Avatar

User Info Menu

Indy 1500 Apocalypse Edition

Against my better judgement, I'm going to the 1500 next weekend. I have a feeling I'm going to regret it given the media frenzy and the apparent lack of knowledge of the buyers based on my previous trips but I'm only looking for parts this time and maybe a diamond in the rough .22 that I can sell to doddg.

I'll be there when it opens on Sunday so I'm hoping to meet some of the INGO elite in person.

Plinker

User Info Menu

i bet the 1500 will be very crowded this time just because of all the attention that the assault ban is bringing to the AR15 they are flying off the self every gun shop ive been in the last few days at least one person was buying an AR

User Info Menu

I plan on going but I don't think it will be too crazy. I am sure there will be some dealers with $800 entry level ARs but otherwise I expect crowded but normal.

Of course if another yahoo shoots up someplace or a bill makes progress, all bets are off.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    I am sure there will be some dealers with $800 entry level ARs
    Over/Under on the average price of an entry level AR? My guess is $700

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Itchytriggerfinger View Post
    Over/Under on the average price of an entry level AR? My guess is $700
    By entry level I mean the very base mainstream. Think Ruger 556 or S&W Sport II. So $500-$550 being priced at $800 or so.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    By entry level I mean the very base mainstream. Think Ruger 556 or S&W Sport II. So $500-$550 being priced at $800 or so.
    There were 2 vendors at the last show very close to the Ingo booth doing just this. SW sporter for $850. I stopped and spent a minute negotiating and he was firm. I laughed and said these are $500 rifles man. Seriously and walked away.

User Info Menu

Should I expect decent prices on "average" LPKs or just buy online?

I am not a ninja or a millionaire, nor do I plan on being air-dropped into Iran, so something akin to a Midway Stoner or PSA kit are what I'm talking about.
    Fierce defiance

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    Should I expect decent prices on "average" LPKs or just buy online?

I am not a ninja or a millionaire, nor do I plan on being air-dropped into Iran, so something akin to a Midway Stoner or PSA kit are what I'm talking about.
    You just have to look. Parts/pieces are everywhere in abundance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    There were 2 vendors at the last show very close to the Ingo booth doing just this. SW sporter for $850. I stopped and spent a minute negotiating and he was firm. I laughed and said these are $500 rifles man. Seriously and walked away.
    Those guys must like hauling that **** back and forth from the truck to the table.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Itchytriggerfinger View Post
    Those guys must like hauling that **** back and forth from the truck to the table.
    It is a process. We get in the building early to set up the Ingo booth. It is like a bunch of worker ants.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast