Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: November 1500

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 View Post
    Not trying to be.. If things are not selling your prices are to high.. One may not want to accept this and blame lack of sales on outside forces and influences .. but is it totally true..
    Have you dealt with that crowd directly. I get what you are saying but to break even on a gun people will still try and beat you down. It is part of the culture.
    Decent MilSpecs do not usually have a big market at the 1500. A few will be on the hunt but usually for the bargain basement deals.
    X invested-need Y to break even after cost of gun and expenses. Z mark up. Even at that this current market is based on plastic model gun kits. JMHO of course.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Have you dealt with that crowd directly.
    I earn my living off of table sales of collectables, I have dealt with crowds directly.. 1st rule people are there to get a bargain. If they wanted something at full price they can order
    it off the computer today and it will be delivered to them at their door..

Good prices will overcome poor salesmanship skills as well as a poor table display.. in fact with crazy prices, sales are enhanced by a poor table display & lack of textbook salesmanship skills.

If I was selling at that show this week, I would get some kind of gimmick to get people coming back to my table.. Say a reverse auction ..Write a price on a tag & each hour drop the price by 10 bucks..
    make a big deal out of it....You will have people coming to your booth every hour.. By the end of the show. Everything will be gone.. Hell if you do it right
    you will not be going in Sunday morning.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum --------- Proud OPERATION CHAOS veteran --------- JOEL 3:10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 View Post
    Good rule of thumb for table sales is if things are not selling your prices are to high.. Bet if you cut your prices in half, most everything would be gone..
    Nice try . . . rhino!

Bingo Card update: nearly have gun show BINGO. Thanks to "incorrectly spelled neck tattoo" I now only need "Space Shuttle Door Gunner" and "Confederate Flag" to complete my card!
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

Random question has anyone seen bulk (IE boxes of 50) HST 9mm 147gr ammo? I know Recoil Gun Works used to sell that but it's been a couple years since I went to a 1500. Also if anyone has seen a colt night Cobra I would appreciate a heads up too
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Dawson Knives

While I won't be able to attend, for all you knife junkies I received an e mail that Dawson Knives will be set up there this weekend. Some pretty sweet looking custom blades.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Nice try . . . rhino!

Bingo Card update: nearly have gun show BINGO. Thanks to "incorrectly spelled neck tattoo" I now only need "Space Shuttle Door Gunner" and "Confederate Flag" to complete my card!
    If you haven't seen a confederate flag after a full day it must be a slow show.
    It's all true!!! The Boogieman IS real, and you found him!!!

User Info Menu

I will be there this afternoon wandering around. I have things to do this morning.

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post
    Random question has anyone seen bulk (IE boxes of 50) HST 9mm 147gr ammo? I know Recoil Gun Works used to sell that but it's been a couple years since I went to a 1500. Also if anyone has seen a colt night Cobra I would appreciate a heads up too
    South side of the pavilion: the aisle halfway between the sausage and cheese guy from Ohio (edit: the smoked Gouda is awesome) and Johnson Safes. Large multi-table set up has 50 round boxes of HST.
    INGOer #25,448

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WWalker View Post
    While I won't be able to attend, for all you knife junkies I received an e mail that Dawson Knives will be set up there this weekend. Some pretty sweet looking custom blades.
    They are next to the NRA-ILA booth and The Brassman. Yesterday they had doughnuts. The bait worked on some, but the experienced doughnut grabbers didn't even break stride.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    South side of the pavilion: the aisle halfway between the sausage and cheese guy from Ohio (edit: the smoked Gouda is awesome) and Johnson Safes. Large multi-table set up has 50 round boxes of HST.
    Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast