Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Best Day

Plinker

User Info Menu

Best Day

What would you guys say is the best day/time to go the show?

User Info Menu

I like the 1 pm matinees myself. What show might we be discussing?
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

We always try and get reserved seats for the Imax. If you are thinking TopGun I would for sure do the Imax experience. Early afternoon is my favorite time.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

This is the Indy 1500 forum, so I'm assuming he means that gun show.

It's busiest on Saturday from about 10:00 AM to early afternoon. If you're looking to buy something that someone else has brought to sell, that's when you'll see the most.

If you're looking for something specific from vendors, be there as early as you can on Friday. There will be 100+ of each model of current production plastic pistols, but there might be only one double-action .44 (for instance) at the whole show.

I've heard rumor that Sunday afternoon is the best time to get a deal from a vendor who doesn't want to cart stuff out, but I can't speak to the accuracy of that.

The best time is whatever time works for your schedule.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    This is the Indy 1500 forum, so I'm assuming he means that gun show.

It's busiest on Saturday from about 10:00 AM to early afternoon. If you're looking to buy something that someone else has brought to sell, that's when you'll see the most.

If you're looking for something specific from vendors, be there as early as you can on Friday. There will be 100+ of each model of current production plastic pistols, but there might be only one double-action .44 (for instance) at the whole show.

I've heard rumor that Sunday afternoon is the best time to get a deal from a vendor who doesn't want to cart stuff out, but I can't speak to the accuracy of that.

The best time is whatever time works for your schedule.
    He just posted in the TopGun thread so I just "ASSUMED" and we all know what that is worth.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I like to go on Fridays to see what is available before being picked over. Not many good deals on a Friday but you sometimes see stuff that's gone by Saturday afternoon. I also like Sundays in that it seems a bit more relaxed. You may or may not find a deal on Sunday if the vendor is just wanting another sale before calling it quits for the show. But, Fridays are my favorite time.
    88 (aka 88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I like to go on Fridays to see what is available before being picked over.
    I agree with this. I like to go Fridays about 3pm after the initial rush ahs entered but before everything is too picked over.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I agree on Friday. The only drawback is that many of the vendors leave early on Friday. Many times I went back to a table to try and make a deal late in the day and the table is covered. I have learned to ask if they are going to leave early. I also make sure I thank the vendors that remain during the last 90 minutes of the Friday show.